Author Topic: Wearing gloves while field dressing deer?  (Read 43906 times)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Wearing gloves while field dressing deer?
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:14:32 PM »

I don't get my hands dirty past the wrist anyways .....

X2
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Spikes

• Nubbie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »
Glad to see Im not alone going at with my bare hands.  8) 

I've done both. The long gloves are nice if you don't have a way to wash before you have to drive. I had a gallon of tap water in the back of the truck all season in case I had to wash my hands. I also leave a small bottle of hand sanitizer in the truck. If you have a deer that the guts got blown up in, the long gloves are very nice to have.

I can see where they would be nice if you have a gut shot deer.. Not fun to deal with..
Spikes

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:34:39 PM »
Gloves? They are still warm why wear gloves?  :P
Crawl right in em like Luke did to stay warm in Empire Strikes Back  8)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »
I'll man up... I have been using gutting gloves for 8 to 10 years now...I pack 3 pair in my backpack at the start of every season...call me what you want but it is nice to hold the heart in your hand and pull them over it and tie it off as well as the liver...I don't eat the liver so I either give it away or leave it but another handy thing...I believe many things should stay old school but I don't need to celebrate with blood up to my armpits if I don't have too...I'm a big fan of the gloves...they cost 99 cents a pair and don't weigh a thing...Love em'!!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline Cornbread

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:35:33 PM »
I don't use gloves but man have I wished for them on a couple of gut shot ones I have done over the years.

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #20 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:37:20 PM »
         I worked in the sewers in N.Y.C.,Boston, Baltimore, Albany, N.Y., Hartford well all over & never wore gloves, I couldn't perform my task w/gloves on, so I'm not afraid of a little blood or gut acid on my beautiful hands! ::)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:37:33 PM »
I'll man up... I have been using gutting gloves for 8 to 10 years now...I pack 3 pair in my backpack at the start of every season...call me what you want but it is nice to hold the heart in your hand and pull them over it and tie it off as well as the liver...I don't eat the liver so I either give it away or leave it but another handy thing...I believe many things should stay old school but I don't need to celebrate with blood up to my armpits if I don't have too...I'm a big fan of the gloves...they cost 99 cents a pair and don't weigh a thing...Love em'!!

OH… well now that you being up the glove to hold the heart idea I am showing some interest. You are still Greg LouGAYnis though  8)

Offline Cornbread

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:37:38 PM »

Save the liver and cut it up to use to catch leeches for fishing or to feed leeches if you keep a tank of them for ice fishing etc. that is what I do with the livers on mine anyway. You can't pay me enough to eat liver after how often I had it as a kid growing up.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #23 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »
I just stuff the heart in the pocket of my wool jacket. Haven't lost one yet! HAHAHAHA!

Now that's how Nh men role 8)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #24 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:38:34 PM »
Oh Amigo  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :-*
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »
         I worked in the sewers in N.Y.C.,Boston, Baltimore, Albany, N.Y., Hartford well all over & never wore gloves, I couldn't perform my task w/gloves on, so I'm not afraid of a little blood or gut acid on my beautiful hands! ::)

The long gloves are baggy...then you put a pair of latex gloves over, you lose no dexterity...
John Wayne

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #26 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »
The long gloves are baggy...then you put a pair of latex gloves over, you lose no dexterity...
2 pairs  :o :o :o :o

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #27 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:40:50 PM »

This keeps your immune system boosted..... ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:41:49 PM »
Whatever...it is part of my annual routine...I pack the shoulder length gloves and the latex gloves and a small ziptie in a small ziplock baggie, they go in the same pocket of my pack everytime...If I use them all it is a really good year, if I run out and have to get bloody it is a great year...this year was a really good year... :P
John Wayne

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #29 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:53:29 PM »
I had a pretty good year as well .... I am a bare handed guy myself gotta have a little blood on my hands  ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal