Author Topic: turkey with a bow?  (Read 2539 times)

Offline BIG NINE!!!

• 6 Pointer
Re: turkey with a bow?
« Reply #15 on: Oct 22, 2010, 11:55:03 AM »
I have never heard that it is illegal to hunt turkeys from a treestand and I have never read it in the syllabus. On another note, I think it is harder to hunt them from a treestand. They must look up constantly. I have been busted soo many times by turkeys in the stand. I don't even move and they are putting and heading in the other direction. They must be looking for Owls and Hawks or something.
Later,
BIG NINE!!!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #16 on: Oct 22, 2010, 05:05:22 PM »
I have never heard of it being illegal anywhere, I would guess here in nh a massive majority are taken from stands while deer hunting
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline marcus

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Oct 22, 2010, 05:08:04 PM »
another question I have. It is clear in the rules I cannot carry both  a shotgun and a bow this time of year, but can I just have the shotgun with shot? Or considering it is an open deer season am I not allowed?

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #18 on: Oct 22, 2010, 05:10:42 PM »
last week here in nh we had our first ever fall shotgun hunt for turkey open in my wmu and we could bring shotgun and bow.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #19 on: Oct 22, 2010, 08:17:45 PM »
another question I have. It is clear in the rules I cannot carry both  a shotgun and a bow this time of year, but can I just have the shotgun with shot? Or considering it is an open deer season am I not allowed?

You can have a shotgun Marcus. No larger than no.4 shot I believe. And yes you can shoot turkey from a treestand. Though with a shotgun I would
be on the ground.
I've taken three so far with the bow. Must be a location thing about looking up. The birds here never do. Most never even know I'm there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal