Author Topic: New rangefinder!!  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
New rangefinder!!
« on: Jul 28, 2008, 09:25:30 PM »
I just bought a new Nikon prostaff laser 440 rangefinder and i would HIGHLY reccomend it to anyone. its crystal clear to look through, easy to use, and rather cheap compared to some other brands i paid 200 for it. its rated only to range up to 440 yards but ive ranged deer further than that i have nothing bad to say about this im 100% satisfied.

Offline 44MAG

• Spiked
  • Nashua, NH
Re: New rangefinder!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2008, 08:36:48 AM »
That is a real nice RF and the price is right, I looked at that same one myself but I ended up settling on Leupold's VX-IV Boone & Crockett. Rated to 1500 yards @ 8X. What sold me was of course the brand name but it also has what is called "Inclinometer" which compensates for the incline & decline shots. So the tree stand shots at 100+ yards are going to be a piece of cake! I also hunt power lines and like many of us, have seen nice deer 300+ yards out. IMO I believe a RF rated for a further distants should be more accurate and the clarity is like no other. The rifle I use at these distants is my Rem 700 / 308 cal "tactical" that has a Leupold VX-III tactical 3.5 x 10 x 40mm which I have sighted in for 400 yrds. I can constantly hit within the size of a tennis ball at this distance. It should be a great all around RF that I shouldn't have to replace for many years to come.
Mathews Monster XLR8 - 28" Draw / 65 lbs / 336 fps
Carbon Express Hunter - 250 & G5 - 100 gr Tekan
G5 - Optix XR2 Sights / Fuse Axium Stabilizer / QAD HD Rest
Scott Rhino XT Release / Bow Force Mapped

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal