Author Topic: spring bear hunt 2011  (Read 5132 times)

Offline atplayart

• Forked
spring bear hunt 2011
« on: Apr 19, 2011, 09:36:19 AM »
opens 25th april i think, am xited ; do people post much hereon the spring bear hunt1st post here 4 me ?

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: spring bear hunt 2011
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2011, 10:11:15 AM »
I've read a few about the spring season. Some from Maine, a couple from the western US.
One of the only pay to hunt trips I would consider going on a bow hunt to Canada for.
Good luck to you this spring, and we love to see your success!!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2011, 02:00:37 PM »
Welcome, I don't know of any Spring bear hunting in the North east of the US. Looking foward to your stories and pictures.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline atplayart

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2011, 10:33:30 PM »
how do you post pictures here---  i'm from manitoba an hav been hunting monster bear which i hav trail cam pictures of from 4 years ago when he was  at least pope an young-- stuck am arrow in his shoulder blade then--- hav caught him on trail cam every year since --- comes into bait about 2x every year since but wierd times often in middle of day---- very unpredictable--is easy over 7 feet long now --- wood luv to harvest him  and retrieve my broadhead which i'm sure is still in his shoulder --- wood post some recent pics if i knew how--please advise  tu
hav shot 2 pope an young bears with bow an over 15 with bow, so i not a novice:)
if anyone has suggestions as to how to harvest this bruiser wood appreciate it

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2011, 10:35:58 PM »
Picture Posting Instructions; (from rgfixit with a few modifications from Bean)

Your photos must be stored online in order to post them.

You can open a free account with  www.photobucket.com, www.myfishingpictures.com, or www.hunt101.com

The following instructions are for photobucket account members:

To add an Avatar picture to your account...

1st - resize the picture you want to a maximum of 120 x 120 pixels on your computer.
2nd - open up another window to photobucket and upload that photo to your photobucket account.
3rd - Left click on "IMG Code" for that picture (this will copy the photo info)
4th - Open your Iceshanty "profile", then click on "forum profile information" and paste the address to the "I have my own picture" box and check that box. .
5th - Then click on the "change profile" button on the bottom right of that page.
Your avatar should now be displayed in all your posts. You can change your avatar at any time

To post pictures to the site...

1. Upload your pictures to your photobucket account.
2. Resize any pictures you'd like to post to a maximum of 400x600 pixels. Larger pictures distort the forum page and take longer to load. This can be done easily in Photobucket using the "Edit" options.
3. Open your photobucket album and find the photo you want to add. Place your cursor over the picture and a drop down menu will appear. Left click on the 'IMG Code" and the picture will be automatically copied to your "clipboard".
4. Go to your post you want to add it to on iceshanty.com, right click and "paste" the info.
(if you copy the image code, it already has the "img" tags on the address and no further action is needed.)

For other photo storage sites that don't install the "img" codes onto your photo addresses, you'll have to add them manually.

The "Add BBC tags:" tool bar is at the top of every message dialog below the "Subject" dialog box and the "Message icon". In the lower row, click on the 2nd icon from the left...the "Insert Image" icon(it looks like a small picture).

The command [ img][/img] will appear in your text message.
Paste the address of your picture between the commands like this;
[ img]paste your image location here [ /img]
Be sure not to add any spaces or other characters.

Preview your post to be sure your picture is there and then choose post.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2011, 07:28:43 AM »
I wish you would post your pictures   atplayart..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline atplayart

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2011, 08:08:59 AM »
I wish you would post your pictures   atplayart..
i wish i could also ---never got the big bear this year again ----  settled for a little  black 5 footer  --------beautiful coat----------   very few wood tics as it has been cold an wet here all season----   season ended yesterday -------  both i an  my son tried to figure out  how to post the pics but both of us failed ---------      the big bear was hitting one of my baits but completly nocturnal :(

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Jun 13, 2011, 08:30:09 AM »
Congrats on the bear. Can you email the pictures? I will post them up for you if you want. email address is [email protected]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal