Author Topic: Getting a little ridiculous if you ask me  (Read 2501 times)

Offline baiter

• Nubbie
Getting a little ridiculous if you ask me
« on: Mar 20, 2013, 09:46:37 PM »
Where can a fellow buy some ammo around these parts?  Kind of sad how everyone is so scared that they won't be able to buy ammo in the future and is buying it up like hot cakes.  Hopefully the madness stops soon.

Offline Inwellb4light

• 6 Pointer
Re: Getting a little ridiculous if you ask me
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2013, 07:29:28 AM »
Unfortunately it is like that everywhere.  My buddy called around for 3 days then had to drive to Vermont from NY to buy 4 boxes of .308's.  My father was at our local walmart the other day and they just got and were shelving two cases of .22 shells(100 ct boxes) he grabbed 5. The told him at the counter there was a 3 box limit.  He went back a few hours later at 2 pm when they changed shifts to get more and they were completely sold out. 

Pretty sad...

Good thing I have lots of arrows!
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2013, 07:31:20 AM by Inwellb4light »
"You can learn more about hunting deer with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life"  - Fred Bear

Offline wyofarmer

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2013, 11:22:58 AM »
Look for ammo to be avaliable in 12-18 months. Glad I stocked up when I did.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2013, 01:30:56 PM »
Guy I know went to Walmart here in NY to get .22 shells. The lady scanned the first box, looked at the screen and asked him if they were for a rifle or pistol. If he said pistol they woulda asked to see his permit. Yet  another bogus law, good luck enforcing that one NY.  ::)

Offline baiter

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2013, 06:41:56 PM »
Glad I got lots of ammo stocked up as well, and have been reloading like a mad man.  Even the reloading supplies is very slim at the stores and online.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal