Author Topic: 2012 Season  (Read 23819 times)

Offline bbkyle35

• Forked
  • If it flys it dies, if it runs its done!
Re: 2012 Season
« Reply #15 on: Aug 17, 2012, 09:11:29 AM »
Im scouting area 90 deer for the next week.that area is so big I don't even know where to start! Might give archery  antelope a try too if I have time
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak. ~Ted Nugent

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Aug 20, 2012, 07:34:17 AM »
Well got the first blood of the year, my wife got her elk this weekend, will post pictures when I get them.  We got 4 elk out of 7 people this weekend, but we should have had more just could not connect of a couple other shooting opportunities, but did have 2 cows and a spike run 15 yards by the wife and I in the trees.  Could not get a shot off but was fun being in the middle of the elk.  Going back out this next weekend to see if I can fill my tag, last weekend before the season ends.  Hope everyone else had a great weekend what ever you did.

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #17 on: Aug 20, 2012, 08:15:26 AM »
Congratulations !!!

Peddler  8)
Peddler

Offline metmen

• Nubbie
« Reply #18 on: Aug 24, 2012, 10:16:42 PM »
congrats way to go

JB

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #19 on: Aug 25, 2012, 06:30:24 AM »
Way to go put another one down for us  8)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #20 on: Aug 25, 2012, 10:10:26 AM »
Looking forward to the pic's. 8)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Aug 29, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »
Well went out this weekend again and got my cow elk, had fun running around the hills. Heard bulls bugling and even had one coming in to my cow calls, but my buddy shot at one of the cows and he turned away and walked the other direction.  Was hoping that he would come in so my girls could experience having a big bull come in and parade himself.  Had the whole family out and seen a lot of elk, so far we filled 6 of 9 tags and everyone has had the opportunity to get one.  Would post some pictures of the two we got but photobucket is freezing on me, so when I get it worked out will post some pictures.

Offline Dorado

• Nubbie
« Reply #22 on: Aug 29, 2012, 11:37:25 AM »
Well went out this weekend again and got my cow elk, had fun running around the hills. Heard bulls bugling and even had one coming in to my cow calls, but my buddy shot at one of the cows and he turned away and walked the other direction.  Was hoping that he would come in so my girls could experience having a big bull come in and parade himself.  Had the whole family out and seen a lot of elk, so far we filled 6 of 9 tags and everyone has had the opportunity to get one.  Would post some pictures of the two we got but photobucket is freezing on me, so when I get it worked out will post some pictures.

Are these rifle hunts? in August????

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Aug 29, 2012, 02:52:46 PM »
yeah they are rifle hunts, the Game and fish put this season on to take some of the pressure off during the October rifle hunt.  Is the way the biologist explained it to me when I ran into him on the mountain.  Fun hunt, but hot and had to cut them up fast.  My brother had a freezer that we ran with a little generator and when we got one we cut it in chunks and threw it in the freezer.  So we did not lose any meat which is a big worry this early in the year, now for some elk burgers.

Offline Dorado

• Nubbie
« Reply #24 on: Aug 29, 2012, 02:57:21 PM »
yeah they are rifle hunts, the Game and fish put this season on to take some of the pressure off during the October rifle hunt.  Is the way the biologist explained it to me when I ran into him on the mountain.  Fun hunt, but hot and had to cut them up fast.  My brother had a freezer that we ran with a little generator and when we got one we cut it in chunks and threw it in the freezer.  So we did not lose any meat which is a big worry this early in the year, now for some elk burgers.

Good on you for being extra conscientious!

Offline bbkyle35

• Forked
  • If it flys it dies, if it runs its done!
« Reply #25 on: Aug 29, 2012, 05:08:56 PM »
I feel sorry for anyone planning to bow hunt out there with this early rifle season.
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak. ~Ted Nugent

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Aug 30, 2012, 07:22:31 AM »
Actually the bulls were not bothered much, they were starting to bugle and were even coming into the calls, Tomarrow is the last day the rifle hunters will be out there, and if this last weekend was any indication there is probably not to many out there, we only saw about 12 hunters total outside of our party that were out this last weekend.  But we did find a place where there were 8 bulls hanging out, all of them had the velvet scrapped off and where talking amongst themselves.  Good luck to everyone, dove season opens Saturday cannot wait to go and try my luck again shooting at them.

Offline Dorado

• Nubbie
« Reply #27 on: Aug 31, 2012, 02:03:48 PM »
Anyone hunting forest grouse tommorow?  Got the beeper collars all charged up!

Bow hunting elk the rest of the weekend!  Woo Hoo!

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #28 on: Aug 31, 2012, 02:34:08 PM »
Actually the bulls were not bothered much, they were starting to bugle and were even coming into the calls, Tomarrow is the last day the rifle hunters will be out there, and if this last weekend was any indication there is probably not to many out there, we only saw about 12 hunters total outside of our party that were out this last weekend.  But we did find a place where there were 8 bulls hanging out, all of them had the velvet scrapped off and where talking amongst themselves.  Good luck to everyone, dove season opens Saturday cannot wait to go and try my luck again shooting at them.
Going to make for a good time anyway as long as they are still talking should still come in

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Aug 31, 2012, 05:36:42 PM »
Well here are the pictures of mine, the wife's are still to come.

the only way to get one out when they are two feet from a logging road.

and the photo right after I got her on the steep slope was a pain to gut out but got it accomplished and pulled down on the logging road and then went and got the 4 wheeler.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal