Author Topic: Red Canyon buck  (Read 7124 times)

Offline LT

• 6 Pointer
  • "You can run big boy, but you'll just die tired."
Red Canyon buck
« on: Nov 04, 2007, 07:47:49 PM »
     This big boy was photographed by my new neighbor today in Red Canyon...what a beast !   ;D

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2007, 08:03:46 PM by icensnowmonster »
"There are two types of men, those who live to hunt and those who gather the firewood."

Offline Cargo

• 6 Pointer
Re: Red Canyon buck
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2007, 09:25:51 AM »
Thats a dandy buck!  Neat picture   looks like he is thinking about the rut.

Offline LT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2007, 05:14:42 PM »
...that or he's all rutted-out!  ::)
"There are two types of men, those who live to hunt and those who gather the firewood."

Offline BottomDweller

• 6 Pointer
  • rocky mountain ninja
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2007, 09:09:35 AM »
field-judge challenge:  what's it score, in your opinion, guys?
~it's a stump, it's a tree, no it's me~

Offline LT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2007, 10:06:55 AM »
field-judge challenge:  what's it score, in your opinion, guys?
...hard to say, not knowing how wide, looks like a good heavy 4 X 4...I'd a shot him!  ;D

Offline BottomDweller

• 6 Pointer
  • rocky mountain ninja
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2007, 01:37:19 PM »
first of all, after looking closely, i'm pretty sure the buck on the bottom is different than the buck on the top.  different back forks for sure.  as for the buck on the top left, he's got good, deep, symmetrical forks.  if he has decent eyeguards and decent mass and spread, i'd judge him at about 175.  maybe a lot more if i could see more of him.  the buck on bottom only has about a 24-25 inch spread, but good front forks and eyeguards, with decent mass.  i think he'd go around 145-150.  whadayathink?
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2007, 01:40:29 PM by BottomDweller »
~it's a stump, it's a tree, no it's me~

Offline RLWagner

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2007, 01:41:51 PM »
Darn nice buck! Thanks for sharing.

Offline FishN4Eyes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2007, 03:48:04 PM »
I'm with you BottowDwellar.

When you look at the terrain the top one is in, then you look at the nice green grass the bottom one is, it just doesn't even look like the same area.

The pictures are great, however when I viewed them I thought there was no way it was the same buck.

I agree with your scoring assessment also.

Offline wyohunter

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2007, 03:53:04 PM »
Depending on spread and scoreable brow tines on the first buck I think bottomdweller is right on on both his scores

Offline icechick

• Nubbie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 07, 2007, 03:58:22 PM »
Those are some nice bucks but after looking closely I would agree also that they are two different bucks. I am not very good at scoring but I shot a buck similar to the bottom one a couple of years ago and he scored 142 with a 27 inch spread.

Offline LT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2007, 07:44:02 PM »
Those are some nice bucks but after looking closely I would agree also that they are two different bucks. I am not very good at scoring but I shot a buck similar to the bottom one a couple of years ago and he scored 142 with a 27 inch spread.

Welcome to the site Icechick, from me and RetPolSgt ...maybe you could post some shots of that nice B&C buck you took and with a name like yours, we'd expect to see you on Iceshanty pretty soon!  ;D
                                                                                                                                ICE/LT
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2007, 09:48:34 AM by icensnowmonster »

Offline LT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 07, 2007, 07:48:18 PM »
first of all, after looking closely, i'm pretty sure the buck on the bottom is different than the buck on the top.  different back forks for sure.  as for the buck on the top left, he's got good, deep, symmetrical forks.  if he has decent eyeguards and decent mass and spread, i'd judge him at about 175.  maybe a lot more if i could see more of him.  the buck on bottom only has about a 24-25 inch spread, but good front forks and eyeguards, with decent mass.  i think he'd go around 145-150.  whadayathink?

BD, you are absolutely correct, Salmotrutta e-mailed 'em and I posted them without even looking at the second photo...2d one is a smaller bodied deer also  ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2007, 08:11:22 PM by icensnowmonster »

Offline icechick

• Nubbie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 09, 2007, 09:22:19 AM »
icensnowmonster here you go sorry it is not the best but it is just a phone picture. I don't have a scanner so I am unable to scan the good picks in. I am on ice shanty but still waiting for ice :-\

Offline LT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Nov 09, 2007, 10:19:43 AM »
     Hey, Icechick, nice deer, congrats! By the way, if you have a digital camera, you can join photobucket and post to both sites...lots of fun and chatter, welcome also to IS and you'll really like it here and there. Aaaaah...ice is not that long away  ;D
                                                                                                                             ICE/LT
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2007, 04:43:16 PM by icensnowmonster »

Offline salmotrutta

• Nubbie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 10, 2007, 11:11:28 AM »
You guys are right.  Two different bucks.  And I agree on the scores.  I've got another big buck pic to post shortly.  Oh and yeah my pics--I'm the guy that made icensnowmonster a lucky guy by moving in across the street!  How do I attach pics??

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal