Author Topic: Wheres my license??  (Read 3616 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Wheres my license??
« Reply #15 on: Aug 21, 2020, 07:38:42 PM »
Got mine today......   
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
« Reply #16 on: Aug 21, 2020, 07:59:27 PM »
My son got his licenses today. I bought mine online on the 10th, still waiting...
 MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! God Bless America!
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Rooseve

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #17 on: Aug 25, 2020, 08:23:18 AM »
My tags came this past Friday....h2l
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
« Reply #18 on: Aug 27, 2020, 03:10:09 PM »
Where is my fishing license and my trapping licence?  In the "system"

I received my license today, but my fishing and trapping licenses were omitted. I called the DEC to inform them of the problem. They took my information and found out I indeed bought a fishing and trapping license. Unfortunately the "system" made a mistake and did not print them. She then informed me that my licenses were in the "system" and there was nothing she could do? She then told me the "system" is suppose to catch its own mistakes... what?

Now I am suppose wait a week to see if the "system" catches its mistake. And if it doesn't catch its mistake I have to go to a vender and have it printed out, hopefully.

Because of covid-19 I used the online "system" for the first time. I can't wait til all this crap is behind us...

Yeah, I noticed the pun right after I typed it, butt I said the heck with it.  ;D
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Rooseve

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #19 on: Aug 29, 2020, 05:08:41 AM »
I went to town hall yesterday to buy mine,Closed,open only Monday and Wednesdays,9-noon.

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
« Reply #20 on: Sep 09, 2020, 05:58:28 PM »
Since I still didn't received my Trapping and Fishing licenses yet I contacted a Vendor. The Vendor told me they would have to charge me for the licenses? I called the DEC again, told them what I was told the first time I called the DEC. She said I was given bad advice from them, the DEC? She told me I didn't have to carry the license with me? I told her a ECO may see it differently, the regs say you must carry the licenses on your person while Hunting, Fishing and Trapping. After a wait on hold she came back, told me she sent me an e-mail and I can print out my Fishing License and the Trapping License is in the mail?(maybe 14 days?) Never got a clear explanation on why my Fishing License couldn't be sent? Hope my Fishing License doesn't get wet, it will be worthless. After I had to use my own paper, ink and print out my Fishing License, I'm wondering what did I pay for? After this all pans out the next call will be to my local ECO to let him know of my predicament, how it will be handled if it arises and find out how that owl made out that I saved this summer?
The scenario that keeps running through my head is... my Fishing License gets wet, I receive a ticket. And by time the whole fiasco gets worked out through the courts and all the bureaucracy it will be time to buy a new Fishing License! And start all over again...
Theodore Rooseve

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
« Reply #21 on: Sep 18, 2020, 07:31:24 AM »
September 18th, still no Fishing or Trapping Licenses?  I was told I would receive my Fisher Trapping Permit by September 15th, nothing? Calling this morning...
Theodore Rooseve

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
« Reply #22 on: Sep 18, 2020, 10:18:40 AM »
Called Albany, they said I didn't have to carry a license? I was to give the Encon. Officer you license number, they will look it up.

Called my local Encon. Officer, he said no, your license must be carried while hunting, fishing and trapping. He had me call the Syracuse office, the lady there said my licenses will be sent to me and I would receive my licenses in 3-4 weeks... we'll see?  No call back on the Fisher Permit as of yet.

The Encon. Officer did tell me my owl was a Screech Owl, it only had a slight injury, recovered well and was release! Crows can be bullies, great to hear the little bugger had a full recovery!

Theodore Rooseve

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
« Reply #23 on: Oct 19, 2020, 11:12:59 AM »
Finally!  I patiently waited 4 weeks as I was instructed in my previous reply and nothing!  I talked 3 different people this morning about my licenses, two didn't have a clue what they were talking about! The last person told me the DEC has a new policy, if you don't receive your license within 14 days you can go to a vender and have it printed out for free. And if the Vender is not aware of this new policy, have them call the Vender Revenue to have the charge void. I'm going fishing!
Theodore Rooseve

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal