Hunting by Game/Technique > Mushroom Hunting

black trumpets

(1/3) > >>

tcfish:
  Was gifted some fresh Black trumpets today ..Any preffered methods for preparing them ?

SHaRPS:
Yes! If you want full flavor then here it is -

Pizza crust - any you desire. I like thin wheat

Garlic sauce - I like to make my own by roasting 12 pieces then mashing and mixing with milk, rue, tiny bit of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper all in a sauce pan until its a slightly thick consistency. store bought will do but try to stay away from an Alfredo type

Kielbasa - thinly sliced almost like pepperoni. twice the thickness is great as well but I do take the casing off before slicing. I make my own kielbasa so its garlic in flavor to begin with which goes great with the sauce. Any plain kielbasa will do as long as its not too powerful in flavor.

Spinach - baby spinach is great.

Cheese - I use shredded Mozzarella or cheddar

Simply sauce your pizza crust, sprinkle cheese, layer spinach, layer kielbasa, and finally layer black trumpets. I also add a bit more cheese on top. Cook to your desired doneness and you will definitely taste and enjoy your black trumpets.

Let us know how it turns out if you choose this route. Here is a picture of mine .(left with trumpets and right with Hen of the woods)

tcfish:
   Thanks ! Those look good ,taliking to the same guy tonite (tenant) he said there was a pair of jumper cables off to the of the driveway  we go out to get them and he point to a mushroom and says GOLD .King bollette as we look further found a crap load some bigger ones had gone buy .I kept a couple for myself ,gonna try sauteed with olive oil and garlic !

Raquettedacker:
Wow that looks and sounds awesome sharps...

fishnmachine:
OMG! I want some. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version