Author Topic: for you hunters out there  (Read 2447 times)

Offline trev.357

• Nubbie
for you hunters out there
« on: Nov 14, 2004, 07:48:45 PM »
for you hunters out there remember if you hunt with your gun in the front of the truck make sure that it is unloaded and POINTED TO THE FLOOR . i just lost a my hunting partner for this year. not because he was killed but  an acquaintance of ours never came home last Monday from mulie hunting  , my friend went out looking for him(i had to take my son to school) Tues morning and found him in his truck in still running in reverse and foot on the break and half his head missing( 30/06 180gr) my buddy is still sick about it and does not want to go back out hunting i hope this did not make him quit hunting just because of some  stupid stupid mistake of not checking if the gun was loaded and if he was driving with a loaded gun not pointed to the floor. please be carefull out there.

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
Re: for you hunters out there
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2004, 06:05:37 AM »
i hear you there. thats too bad. i always hate hearing about hunting fatalities espicaly when they can be avoided. unload as soon as you walk towards the truck or car. always, always point your gun down and know what your shooting at in the woods. i sure hope your hunting buddie comes around and goes back into the woods.

Offline trev.357

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2004, 08:08:32 AM »
he is now worried that he might make a mistake too. i've got 3 weeks to try to get him out

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2004, 10:53:30 AM »
There shouldn't be an excuse for driving with a loaded gun in the vehicle. It's dangerous, not to mention illegal. I'm sorry to hear about that unfortunate incident, and I hope your friend realizes that something like that isn't worth giving up hunting over. Best wishes to you, your friend, and the family of your aquaintence.

-Zach

Offline Ihunt

• Nubbie
  • Hunting Is Life
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2005, 08:29:59 PM »
This is a good lesson to all.  Next time we start to do one of those little things we know is wrong, we should think not about ourselves but the heartbreak of our family and friends if something goes wrong.  I feel for you  and your friend.
Let Me Hunt, Let Me Hunt, Let Me Hunt

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2005, 01:11:14 PM »
that is a terrible tragic accident i guess all you can do is support him im sure he will come around he may be trigger shy or jumpy while others are shooting i had a friend that was almost shot (missed by 1 foot) either me or another one of my buddies were with him at all times the followng season and now we cant find him in the woods he likes to hunt on his own again just be there for him the call of the wild is strong and youll have your partner back in no time

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal