Author Topic: Anti's hitting hard  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Spiked
Anti's hitting hard
« on: Nov 02, 2004, 04:37:23 AM »
Election day is upon us. Here in Maine there is a referendum question on the ballot that was initiated by anti hunting groups seeking to stop baiting and hound hunting of black bears. In the past couple of days they started airing a graphic kill of a black bear which had to be shot four times and showed the bear dying. At least one teacher that I'm aware of showed it to her 7th grade class. Had half the class bawling. Gonna be interesting to see how this turns out.

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
Re: Anti's hitting hard
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2004, 07:11:27 AM »
A couple things come to mind. The teacher should face action such as suspension or termination. School is a place to teach things like history, science, math....you know the normal stuff. NOT Political ideas.

Point two, this is a chance for the sportsman population to really vote! The anti's are well organized when it comes to voting. Why? Becuase they are not in the woods hunting and have the time to organize. Sportsman need to take this vote as a warning and defeat it.

Jon

Offline Tracker

• Forked
  • 2 MORE STEPS AND HE IS MINE!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2004, 08:04:20 AM »
The question I want answered is who took that footage of the hunt????  I believe that the anti's took that footage and they made it so graphic to get everyone on their side. The teacher should be fired on the spot. School is no place for this issue to be decided. If this does pass I can not wait until the bears start showing up in peoples back yard at an alarming rate. The state should send the organizers a bill everytime they need to trap one to relocate. I bet you would see a different outlook on things then.

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
  • I love stick and string
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2005, 11:19:51 PM »
In the past couple of days they started airing a graphic kill of a black bear which had to be shot four times and showed the bear dying. At least one teacher that I'm aware of showed it to her 7th grade class. Had half the class bawling. Gonna be interesting to see how this turns out.
This makes me sick. We are dealing with the antis trying to kill our spring bear hunt here in Manitoba too. They killed it in Ontario, Canada and the towns in northern Ontario had a huge increase in nuisance bears.
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline scansy

• Forked
  • IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2005, 12:32:32 PM »
The problem with schools (elementary, middle, HS, college) is that the teachers are usually liberal.  It's a profession that draws that type of person.

Ironically, when I was a kid (waaaaaaayyyyy back) I had a teacher in 8th grade who was a hunter.  He taught science and did a whole section on hunting and it's role in conservation, the history of it, sport of it, etc.  All very positive.  It was probably easier to do then - plus it was a small rural town where 90% of the boys started to hunt as soon as they were old enough and probably 25% of the girls too!  We need more teachers like that!

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2005, 08:43:24 AM »
When I was a freshman in high school I had a biology teacher that was a hunter.  He got a deer with his bow and brought the deer heart into class since we were studying the circulatory system at the time.  It was a last period class, so after class he sets up a small hot plate with a frying pan and butter, cuts the deer heart into small pieces and cooks it up for anyone that wanted some.  Needless to say that only the few of us that hunted took him up on his offer.  That was a great class.
Their comin' right for us!

Offline reubenpa

• Forked
  • OH MY... I can't stop shaking!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2005, 11:48:50 AM »
thats awesome Bob!!!!!!!  those tasy morsels are AWESOME!!!
Come on Archery season

Offline AdkYooper

• Nubbie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2005, 10:20:50 PM »
Here's a positive light on the situation.  I know that Anti-Hunters are thorn in the hunter's side and usually use school as a place to preach their B.S.,  but I'm three years out of high school and when I was in advanced Biology we used to have big buck and big turkey contests.  Either way I've sworn to protect me and my state of Wisconsin against the anti-hunters through voting.  Go get em voting boys

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2005, 12:56:20 PM »
i guess im luck im from a town where almost the whole teaching staff hunts i have a friend whos dads a teacher and he has a hunting camp along with about 10 other teachers they bring in pics for those who wish to view them i live in a small city of 15,000 and im sure there are anti's here somewhere but they dont make there opinions known

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal