Author Topic: Bass Pro Trip  (Read 1571 times)

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
Bass Pro Trip
« on: Oct 11, 2004, 07:42:37 AM »
The Wife, Kids and I decided to take a trip to the Bass Pro store in the Finger Lakes Mall, NY this weekend.

The live fish display was really nice and the kids really enjoyed this. Some of the fish seemed to have growths on them and looked unhealthy.

I had set out to purchase a new scope, remington copper solids, a trail camera and a pair of boots. I left without buying a single item.

I thought the store was very disorganized to begin with. Seemed very hard to put any type of pattern to how they set this store up, signs are very small and hard to read from a distance of where to find things.

When I went to purchase the remington copper solids there was 1 box of 2 3/4 inch shells at $9.99. There was no other shells even to be stocked. Very poor I thought. The price is a solid $3.00 per box more than Gander Mtn, Wal-mart or even a gunshop.

There scope selction had everything mixed from air rifle scopes, to rifle scopes and the shotgun scopes mixed in. Pricing there as well once you found a shotgun scope was dismal.

On to the boots.....pricing was terrible!

Trail camera....the exact camera I wanted was priced at $119.99. The same exact camera at Wal-Mart is $59.98.

I decided to leave with nothing. The trip proved only one thing that I won't shop there again.

Will be heading to Gander and Wal-Mart this week.

Jon

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
Re: Bass Pro Trip
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2005, 02:38:07 PM »
i get the bass pro catalog for the ideas of what im gonna get at walmart

Offline carphunter

• Forked
Re: Bass Pro Trip
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2005, 07:36:42 PM »
I'v been to 3 BPS's and 2 cabelas, in my opinion cabella's rule's
         Jim