Author Topic: Angered and Disgusted  (Read 3131 times)

Offline trapperdirk

• Forked
  • The bush is not just a passion , it is in my soul
Angered and Disgusted
« on: Oct 04, 2004, 07:48:20 PM »
It is with much anger and disgust that I post this link but just don't wish for any of my friends to also get ripped off . I hate to even make this post because of organizations such as Peta getting ahold of it but feel I just have too . :-\

http://www.donahue.tv/Hobbies/Hunting.html

Offline HU1 2 3

• Nubbie
Re: Angered and Disgusted
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2004, 10:57:43 PM »
Hey Bill Donahue what do you think you guys down south are doing when you hunt on private land that feeds deer on a plot then you sit in tree stand and you slaughter the deer as they sit and graze and you don't think thats not fair chase hunting you need to open your eyes to reality sport hunting is a cash cow and everyone wants in on it.
 Canada isn't the only place to find fair chase hunts and I would not pick on Canadian outfitters cause one day you and all your United States buddies are not going to have a place to come up here and hunt cause our farmers are still pissed that your government wont open the borders to our  Canadian beef
 we Canadians will one day boycott your American hunting practices and shut our borders to US hunters so our wild game stays in Canada along with our birds that you hunters come up here and slaughter and leave to rot in the Field's then deny everything in court then blame the outfitter cause you guys cant read the hunting rules yourselves
Just open your eyes to the way things are fair chase and canned hunts are all around they wont go away with you protesting because look at BSE it ain't going away with protesting it just gets brushed under the carpet like all things done in the U S Senate brush it under the carpet or blow the heck out of it thats the solution to all things when it come to the U S A

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2004, 04:42:36 AM »
HU1 2 3,
Whoa there...I think you missed the point.

The writer (Mr. Donahue) has every reason to be upset. If the hunt was advertised as a guided, fair chase then he was deceived.

I'd say the majority of hunters in the USA are basically opposed to canned hunts. There will always be a contingent who will plunk down their $$$ to shoot a big animal in a cage for the bragging rights. There will always be people waiting to take their money as well.....in both countries.

The majority of American hunters see this as the writer does.

As far as the ban on meat imports is concerned , I'm not a biologist...I don't have the answer.

RG

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2004, 07:58:24 AM »
Interesting article for sure.

These people for sure have a right to be upset. For the fact they were lied to and basicaly frauded.

Outlawing canned hunts is not the answer to this problem though and they should not be outlawed. Don't get me wrong I do not agree with them but to outlaw them would be a gateway to outlawing other forms of hunting.

Jon

buzzbomb

« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2004, 09:39:09 AM »
That is so sad...I'm pretty much disgusted.  I've been hunting all my life but if I'd had an experience like that maybe things would of been different.   When I get my deer up within 20 or 30 feet I think, wow I've done my homework and a clean kill is assured, but I've watched him walk in the last mile or so and it's anything but a canned hunt.  that 'outfitter' probably has a good percentage of returning satisfied customers too.   For the past few years, there have been charges laid against sham outfitters (some of them were'nt even Canadians) who had hunters overshooting and wasting geese in Sask. but those guys were prosecuted and the story told in the national press and their rotten business exposed and stamped out.  This fellow, however is following the letter of the law and is therefore untouchable.  It just goes to prove that there is no substitute for old fashioned ethics.

Offline trapperdirk

• Forked
  • The bush is not just a passion , it is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2004, 06:09:40 PM »
Heh there HU123 . You better reread the post again or the link . Pull them horns in a tad bud as I am a Canuck that posted this . Manitoba born and Ontario raised .  Yes I will smack at this so called outfitting operation whether it is American owned or Canadian . That is not the issue here ,,, even though there were probs at the border . These lads got ripped off and mislead by folks on both sides of the border but the issue is fraud and how this so called hunt is being called a hunt not where it happened . . The whole thing disgusted and angered me and should most hunters . No issue where it happened ,,, and yes I myself spoke out lots against the blockade at the border for our beef but in the same position at the time I can't blame our southern neighbours to protect themselves to some extent . Mind you,,, what it ever had to do with wild game is beyond me but then again these Elk and Bison were not truly wild now were they? Let's keep it peaceful but in perspective HU123 .
  Read it all again HU123 and get ready to see me fire on the issue but like others have stated we have to be carefull and I do support game farms to a degree but do as in fair chase hunting . It's not my thing and likely never will be but this obviously isn't even close to being fair chase or ethical . It's a disgusting disgrace . Hell I shot a cow or two in my past that just woudn't be caught but never thought of it as a hunt and understand these lads point of view . I also see their anger at being ripped off and it being promoted by a hunting celebrity . There in was the story to me .

TD

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 07, 2004, 10:27:34 AM »
I've heard and read many horror stories about hunting and fishing guides first hand.  It seems like it's very hard to pick a good one without going through some bad ones.  But these guys got royally screwed.  They should be starting a boycott of the TV show and try generating bad publicity for the show host if they don't get some satisfaction.  The show host has a responsibility to check out what he recommends and make sure it is what he is endorsing.  Of course this story brings into question all his shows and maybe that is the way he always hunts.  If that's the case he's not much of a hunter and has a crappy show.  I've never agreed with the canned hunt thing.  To me it's just a way for bad hunters to kill trophy size animals without the work so they can pump up their already overinflated egos.  I don't have a problem with game farms as long as the animals are free ranging.  Just my 2 cents.
Their comin' right for us!

Offline livesnorth

• Nubbie
Re: Angered and Disgusted BUT NOT IN ALBERTA
« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2004, 02:01:56 AM »
This is something you will not find in Alberta,Canned hunts are discusting and any outfitter in my opinion that would even consider that a hunt shuld be hunted him self.Next time i'd say maybe ask for refernces from real hunter's not TV star's.In my province all this would have been avoided and prob cost much less,except the travel.for more info on Alberta......check out the alberta profesional outfitters society,and that's just what you will find is profesional's,on fair chase hunt's that will leave you with memories forever.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2005, 02:36:13 PM »
dont worry bobman ill guide your next hunt for a reasonable price ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal