Author Topic: Going Home on Leave  (Read 2640 times)

Offline treed942000

• Forked
  • We're In Training, May We Hunt Well
Going Home on Leave
« on: Oct 04, 2004, 02:48:22 PM »
Hi All,

I'm really excited, after 2 years I will finally be able to go home to Iowa on leave.  Unbeknown to me, the weekend I get home, 16 October, is opening season for early muzzleloader deer.  So, I will actually be able to go.  I'm really excited and my brother in law is out scouting for me.  Wish me luck, and may the big one come to me.  I'll post and update when I return and hopefully have some pictures.

TReed
May the Bird Fly Right,
TReed

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
Re: Going Home on Leave
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2004, 03:28:47 PM »
That's great to hear! I hope you kill the biggest buck Iowa has to offer (which would be a true monster!!!). It's good to know that someone who truely deserves to be able to hunt gets to!

-Zach

Offline treed942000

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2004, 10:17:20 AM »
Thanks Zach,

We'll hope for the best and may the big one come by me.

TReed
May the Bird Fly Right,
TReed

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
  • Jigwiggler doesn't really apply here.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2004, 01:06:37 PM »
Best of luck!  Down a big one. ;D

Offline treed942000

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2004, 03:29:31 PM »
Well, the day has finally arrived and I'll be flying out here in a couple hours home to Iowa.  Wish me luck on Saturday, opening day of early muzzleloader.  I'm excited just to be able and go sit in the woods for the first time in a couple of years.  The fresh smell of autumn in the air is calling my name.

TReed
May the Bird Fly Right,
TReed

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2004, 05:00:27 PM »
Good luck man! Early muzzleloader opens for us (NY) in the northern zone on Saturday, so I'll be up there all weekend. Of course, I'll be bowhunting down here on Friday.  ;D Make sure you show us the pictures of that monster...that is to say, if people aren't stopping at your house non-stop, and you get a few minutes to do so! Once again, good luck, and may your hands wrap around the antlers of a monster buck!

-Zach

Offline treed942000

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2004, 07:16:29 AM »
Well, finally got caught up from leave and have a minute to post.  I didn't get a deer this time but seen lots of them.  Hopefully, my pictures come out and I can post some to show you all what the Iowa Corn Fed Deer look like. ;) 

I did hit a smaller doe but the grass and weeds are still to thick and made tracking very difficult.  Felt bad we couldn't find her, but better her than a trophy.
May the Bird Fly Right,
TReed

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2005, 01:58:55 PM »
hope you enjoyed your leave and can make up for it this season i would love to see those pics of a true iowa brute

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal