Author Topic: MONTANA TAGS  (Read 4931 times)

Offline mt.perchman

• 6 Pointer
Re: MONTANA TAGS
« Reply #15 on: Sep 09, 2014, 06:08:02 PM »
Well as far as montana you can buy tags over the counter right now. They raised the price and changed the guarrented outfitter tags and the applications for nonresident tags dropped to all time low . Unless you are trying for a special draw tag you could just buy over the counter i think in mid april i would have to check for sure . There has been about 5000 tags left over .
combo  elk / deer is about 975.00. Deer tag alone is about 550.00

Look at MT.FISH / GAME
If you need more help send me a pm.  Ps We have about 9,000,000 acres to hunt for free. !!!!
LIVING THE DREAM IN BIG SKY MONTANA !!!

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Sep 09, 2014, 06:36:17 PM »
Thanks for the info. Just started researching on a MT elk hunt. I'll get ahold of you on PM
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline mt.perchman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Sep 09, 2014, 10:04:00 PM »
I wood recomend archery season for elk the weather is nice and you can call them in.
Rifle is good the first half but hang on the second half it could be -25 and snow and wind .
 If you are camping the weather is in your favor in archery. Its very hard to come out the first year and shoot a elk.

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Sep 10, 2014, 06:00:38 AM »
Hunting elk with a bow must be a blast. Turkey hunting times ten. Are the number of elk there comparable to colorado? Can you buy just an elk tag and not a combo
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2014, 06:03:41 AM by buckblaster »

Offline mt.perchman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Sep 11, 2014, 06:22:16 AM »
Well look at it this way i thought that running 141 mph in a quarter mile On ashpalt on a sled at mid michigan motor plex was the best excitement ever  untll we moved to Montana and started elk hunting !!!!
This rush you get when a bull elk is coming in screaming /bugleing at you can stop your heart !!!
Four years ago i was bow hunting with a friend he is a great caller . He brings the spike in to me a touching range. I had to lay face down i thought the bull was going to run me over . He stopped and dirt hit my hand and snot hit my face ...i shook for a long time . You cant shoot a spike in the area we  were hunting.
You hunt elk once and get on some you will be hooked for life !!!! Promice
 That was to close for me ...

As far as the herd size in Mt. I think is half the size of colorado but half the hunters too. Most elk hunting is in the western half of Mt.mostly in big timber.elk licence is around $ 800.00 you get fishing and bird hunting with it.
 You can shoot bull or cow in most areas with a bow licence.

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Sep 17, 2014, 06:05:27 AM »
Haha thats to close. Doesn't get any better than that though

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal