Author Topic: Doe permits  (Read 18827 times)

Offline Bob F

• Forked
Re: Doe permits
« Reply #45 on: Oct 10, 2012, 04:36:26 PM »
ya i think where gonna try for 1 more tomorrow too....we found a nice spot....just crawling with deer

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #46 on: Oct 11, 2012, 12:10:36 PM »
FYI - from mass wildlife:

ZONE 11 SURPLUS DEER PERMIT SALES OCTOBER 17

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 8:00am, 929 Zone 11 surplus antlerless permits will be available to purchase by home computer or at any license vendor on the MassFishHunt system on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Please Note: Zone 11 surplus antlerless deer permits will only be available for purchase by hunters who don’t already have a Zone 11 surplus antlerless deer permit. Anyone with a Zone 11 Surplus Antlerless Deer permit will be unable to purchase a second Zone 11 permit.

Background:
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012, deer hunters attempting to purchase surplus antlerless deer permits experienced major difficulties with the MassFishHunt electronic system preventing a number of them from completing their transaction.  Late in the morning, data provided by Active Outdoors, the private contractor responsible for the MassFishHunt system, indicated that the allocation of Zone 11 surplus permits sold out and sales for Zone 11 were closed.  Subsequently, it was determined that over 900 Zone 11 surplus permits remained unsold.  Zones 10, 13, and 14 surplus sales continued and by the afternoon the electronic system was functioning normally and completing permit sales.

Active Outdoors, the system vendor, takes responsibility for the system failure and apologizes to hunters, license vendors, and the Division of Fisheries and Wildlife.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #47 on: Oct 11, 2012, 12:31:05 PM »
I wish there was no such thing as a unit M tag, I actually pray for bad winters so we never have a " L " tag. I truly feel sorry for you guys................ At least make it no unit M tag unless you live in unit M. I will be livid if we ever see those tags in L.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #48 on: Oct 11, 2012, 05:22:40 PM »
I got the same E-mail deerme. I agree with the shoot a doe get another tag deal but doubt we will see it.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline capedeer/fish

• Forked
« Reply #49 on: Oct 11, 2012, 07:20:11 PM »
Super Lame....WHAT ABOUT LAST YEAR? I was awarded an 11 and granted it was my second zone 11...but I was told there was a problem with about 20% of transactions. I was awarded the permit ........but it never came....i mailed and found out I and 20% others got skrewed. Lets get this right next year!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #50 on: Oct 12, 2012, 06:08:33 AM »
It's a poor system to say the least.....
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #51 on: Oct 12, 2012, 07:47:11 AM »
ya know guys , why would you want more than 2 doe permits. that makes 4 deer you can shoot. save some for someone else that may not have any. chances are you won't use em anyways.

Offline capedeer/fish

• Forked
« Reply #52 on: Oct 12, 2012, 07:49:37 AM »
i'd just like 2!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #53 on: Oct 12, 2012, 12:17:46 PM »
ya know guys , why would you want more than 2 doe permits. that makes 4 deer you can shoot. save some for someone else that may not have any. chances are you won't use em anyways.

Really? I have a house full of starving son's here ::) ::).......Anyone that wanted a permit could apply for one and was guaranteed to get it during the lottery drawing.......I think I hunt more than the average working man ........Maybe a little more anyway. I like to shoot buttonbucks and It takes more of them to fill the freezer so I need as many tag's as I can get..... ::) ::)

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #54 on: Oct 12, 2012, 05:22:26 PM »
satisfied. there all gone. now you can tag your buddies doe with all the extra tags you got.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #55 on: Oct 12, 2012, 06:52:08 PM »
 :o  They wont be gone until October 17th.  And I am not eligible to get any more.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #56 on: Oct 12, 2012, 07:10:38 PM »
If you ask nicely maybe I'll tag one for you! ;D

LOL! WAHHHH! :'(
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #57 on: Oct 13, 2012, 07:06:29 AM »
no' i'll tag my own deer.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal