Author Topic: Doe permits  (Read 18817 times)

Offline Bob F

• Forked
Re: Doe permits
« Reply #30 on: Oct 09, 2012, 04:49:42 PM »
gotta keep the freezers full know don't we.... ;D ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #31 on: Oct 09, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »
absolutely.....
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #32 on: Oct 09, 2012, 06:42:23 PM »
Well I didn't go to the Ayer office so I had to do it online which killed me. I do think it would have been wiser and quicker to go to Ayer though. Glad I put in for an 11 in the lottery cause they were gone by the time I finally got to buy em. I got a 10 and 11 now. Hopefully another 10 tomorrow but heard they sold out already though.
I'm confused , in NY we put in for a lottery when we buy our license for the year .... how does it work for you ?
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #33 on: Oct 09, 2012, 07:10:00 PM »

OHHHHH , I remember Bog telling me about that .... he said somethiong about buying one online and one in person .... or something ... we traded alot of bs that morning drinking coffee and watching Hunt-n-Cheeks , the early years  ;D I wish they gave out surplus tags in NY ... they started doing something where they mail them out ?? It sucks that 3 of my hunting party did not get selected for a doe tag for the area we are hunting SZ opener , so if they fill a buck tag in the NZ they can't hunt in the SZ unless I sign my doe tag to them  >:(
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #34 on: Oct 09, 2012, 07:13:33 PM »
Mookster any luck?

Peddler
Peddler

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #35 on: Oct 09, 2012, 07:14:30 PM »
Mookster any luck?

Peddler
LOL not yet  ;) She went to her momma's house and is bringing me home Mounds pie  ;D

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #36 on: Oct 09, 2012, 07:15:36 PM »
LOL not yet  ;) She went to her momma's house and is bringing me home Mounds pie  ;D

OK !
Peddler
Peddler

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #37 on: Oct 09, 2012, 07:16:42 PM »
Ok!

Peddler
Peddler

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #38 on: Oct 09, 2012, 07:20:24 PM »
Well I didn't go to the Ayer office so I had to do it online which killed me. I do think it would have been wiser and quicker to go to Ayer though. Glad I put in for an 11 in the lottery cause they were gone by the time I finally got to buy em. I got a 10 and 11 now. Hopefully another 10 tomorrow but heard they sold out already though.

I read on another site that the guys who went to the over the counter places had to wait just as long - actually longer - than those who did it at home. Apparently the over the counter sellers were using the same online system as we were, so they were experiencing the same delays as us.

There were 6000+ zone 10 tags so they should be available for a few more days I would think?  My dad just bought one so they're definitely not sold out just yet. Not sure on the other zones though!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #39 on: Oct 09, 2012, 07:39:56 PM »
The licensing and permits are being done by a private company now so all Permits went the same way. Even if you go to Wal-mart, a F&W office or at home it's all the same, they are just doing it for you.

So yes Mookie, we have the lottery. The zones that have more available than applied for have the surplus permit's sold first come first serve. It's a poor system IMO. I agree that Once you fill a doe tag you could then get another instead of the Mad dash that we have now.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline capedeer/fish

• Forked
« Reply #40 on: Oct 09, 2012, 08:31:56 PM »
Left the bride in charge......She was not happy with me. Same issue that Deerme had but she did get one for all 6 of us. Zone 11 took about 2 hours to finally pull it off.

Glad you got one Colby.
Thank you soo much.. I was super worried. And right back at ya!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #41 on: Oct 10, 2012, 04:52:00 AM »
I checked at 1201 am, the 11's were gone but still 10,13&14 left. You can get 4 a day of the island tags if you want to take a boat ride. ::)

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #42 on: Oct 10, 2012, 06:52:15 AM »
just bought two more zone 10 tags in a matter of seconds.  what a difference from yesterday!!!!!!!  can't wait for next week!!!

Offline BearHunter60

• Forked
« Reply #43 on: Oct 10, 2012, 08:48:41 AM »
After sitting at my computer from 8-9 am yesterday I managed to get a zone 10 and 11. Took me about 40 tries to get it to go through. I even called up the company that was in charge of the system and gave up after being on hold for 30 minutes. I also went down to one of the field headquarters and there was 3 guys waiting in line. One guy had been there since 8 am and it was pushing 930 at that time with no luck. Seems like someone really dropped the ball on this system.

Offline Bob F

• Forked
« Reply #44 on: Oct 10, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »
 :).. My brother and both got 1 for zone 10.yesterday...and 1 again today...4 doe permits...4 buck tags...plus NH tags....somethings gotta pan out

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal