Author Topic: new bow now I really can't wait  (Read 3812 times)

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
new bow now I really can't wait
« on: Jun 27, 2010, 05:47:25 PM »
Well went with Bogman yesterday and purchased my first ever bow.  I got the Diamond Rock 2.0.  Spent a few hours today with Bog getting it dialed in and am fairly accurate at 10 to 15 yards.  Lots of practice in front of me considering I have never used a bow like this before and want to be proficient with it before using it in the field.  The only problem now is I am really really excited for deer season this year and its still 4 months away.  Oh well I suppose it will go by quick.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: new bow now I really can't wait
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2010, 07:29:22 PM »
It'll be here before you know it buddy. Congratulations on opening a new chapter in the addiction.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2010, 07:43:40 PM »
Bogman's getting you hooked on the finer things in life. 8) You got the right idea already practice,practice, and practice. If you pick this up like you did turkey hunting you have nothing to worry about. Plus you have bogman helping you out. Welcome to your new addicition.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2010, 08:32:33 PM »
That is so great.   I hope you have many successful hunts with it....... Post a picture of it..
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2010, 08:34:35 PM by Raquettedacker »
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2010, 09:26:31 PM »
Nice. Isnt it always fun to get a new hunting toy? Good luck with your new bow!

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2010, 10:51:07 AM »
Post a picture of it..

X2 Let's see that new slaying machine.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2010, 11:38:10 AM »
We had him shooting 6" group's at 15 yds when he left the house yesterday. He must be trying to get his arrows out of the neighbors fence by now! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Jun 28, 2010, 01:34:07 PM »
He must be trying to get his arrows out of the neighbors fence by now! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lol Hope he bought an extra dozen.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2010, 04:40:12 PM »
Oh boy ,he has the bug bad.Called me a little while ago he was out buying extra SD cards for his new trailcam. 

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Jun 30, 2010, 03:18:51 PM »
Another monster is created...We need all the monsters we can get Bog.
Congrats on the bow LH. Nothing like bowhunting. The first encounter will live in your mind forever. Even if you never draw the bow.
I can still see my first deer I killed with one standing to my left, quartering away, and the spot the pin settled on. The arrow in flight and the deer running 30 yards and flipping over. I had shot a lot of deer by then, but was so excited I left my thermos, chair, and blind material all right there. Worked out well, as I used it the next night.All except the thermos, coffee was cold. Shot another from the same spot. Filled both tags in two days in the same exact spot. Had bowhunted almost 10 years.
Never shot one as I wasn't all that much into shooting doe's. Until I figured out how really hard bow hunting is......

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Jun 30, 2010, 05:03:11 PM »
Thanks guys for all the replies and well wishes.  I hope I can have a similar experience this year Upstate.  And Bog for your info I have not missed the target yet.  I do stress "yet" though.  I have not shot it longer then 30 yards.  I am addicted already though and can not wait until deer season.  I will have a picture of it soon.  I am trying to get my wife to snap a shot while shooting it.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Jun 30, 2010, 05:42:08 PM »
Sounds like you are picking it up quick and that is great. I bet your wife is not a Bogman fan.lol ;D ;D

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Jun 30, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »
Lol DrobertsinMaryland, you might think she would not be a fan but she actually is.  I think she and Bog actualy have something going on :o.  At least thats what Bog sais.  I could be spending our money and my time on much worst things.  She actually liked they turkey pie I made after my turkey this year.  Hopefully I'll get a deer this year and she will really be hooked.  It's funny because my wife grew up in the city and me moving her to the country has been a little shock but she has certainly adapted well.  I have two little girls (3 and 2 years old) and I already have them fishing and watching hunting shows so she may really be in trouble some day.  Anyway it would be hard not to like Bog and his family as all of you can probably imagine.

Offline BIG NINE!!!

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Jul 14, 2010, 08:57:57 PM »
LH,
Good luck with your new toy!! You will never look forward to gun season the same way you used too!!!  ;D

Later,
BIG NINE!!!
Later,
BIG NINE!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal