Author Topic: Trespassers  (Read 41061 times)

Offline cjg

• 6 Pointer
Re: Trespassers
« Reply #105 on: Oct 07, 2012, 07:05:37 PM »
If they had more unposted places to hunt, they wouldn't all go to the ones they think they won't get caught on. We have problems with people damaging private property too, but I would bet that it's rarely hunters. Maybe if they are damaging things or stealing on your posted property, it's because they are feeling resentful. Not that I think it's right to damage anyone elses anything, just saying. People here tend to treat other peoples property gently because they know it's not theirs and are respectful for the priviledge to be able to use it.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #106 on: Oct 07, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
I live next to over 60,000 acres of state lands for anyone to hunt...one big problem there.....nothing to hunt on it....so people go where the game is...on managed lands....If your resentful that someone owns lands that hold game....buy your own....manage it and keep it for yourself.....don't go on land someone else owns, and pays dearly to keep....unless they allow it or you have permission.....Your right, a lot of damage is done by the non hunting citizens....but it sure seems funny when most of the time it is around hunting season, that camps get broken into...or things get damaged....Glad Maine has a better group than we have here....

Offline cjg

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #107 on: Oct 07, 2012, 08:11:21 PM »
MINE, MINE, MINE  >:(
No worries, I don't plan on going anywhere else  ;)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #108 on: Oct 11, 2012, 02:04:28 PM »
It cracks me up when you guys talk about tresspassers. Don't post your land and you won't have to worry about tresspassers. If everyone did that you'd have plenty of places to hunt. The MINE, MINE, MINE, attitude is to much. Here in Maine, a lot of the land is private and not posted, you can hunt anywhere you want as long as you're not to close to a house. Most of the land that is posted is from people from away that moved here with their MINE, MINE, MINE attitudes. Come on up to Maine, you can hunt on my land any time.

Unfortunately, we have to lock our stands on our own land or they get stolen. We've had trail cameras stolen. Permanent stands and blinds on our own land destroyed. Hayfields tore up by yahoos in pickups and on 4-wheelers. Now the big thing is people parking.  Can't tell you how many used condoms Now litter the bushes in our one hay field.  >:(  Now we have to put gates up.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #109 on: Oct 12, 2012, 05:43:39 AM »
ADKROY said it all...even with signs and a cable this year alone my camper got broken windows,my logger had his choker chains  gas and oill stolen,garbage dumped ATV wiping out a food plot,a car dumped off and a garbage dumpster dumpedoff,while we've been there strange cars driving in and seeing us and taking off in a hurry....there are 100's of square miles of state land ajoing mine too,even though it's posted I let my hunting buddies on it anytime,they keepa good eye on it,last 2 years we turned in and caught 5 poachers with illegal deer they shot on my land from cars,I have 2 good trout streams too and never refused anyone to fish them and I always have 1 or 2 trappers on there also,any neighboring land owners can access it and neighboring hunting parties that I know can can track wounded deer across it,,I only have 172 acres, as long as I own it honest sportsmen can use it..with permission.
a few iddiots ruin it all!!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #110 on: Oct 12, 2012, 05:51:10 AM »
Yea HB, a bunch of dirt bags around now a days...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #111 on: Oct 13, 2012, 06:14:08 PM »

Yea, I don't know what goes through some peoples mind, some of the land I hunt is privately owned & I have permission from the owners to hunt. 1 piece of land was real thick & I asked the owner if I could thin some trees to get some shooting lanes open. He gave me the ok so I did, & any of the hardwood that I got I dropped off @ his house, he was most appreciate that I did, he said I didn't have to but to 1 good hand helps another. So I don't understand how people can just go on some1 else's land, poach deer, dump garbage. So I hope you can catch the SOB's & they get what they deserve. >:(

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #112 on: Oct 13, 2012, 06:26:40 PM »
Some people just don't care Jeff ; You sure done a great deed for that guy bet you have that to hunt for quite awhile  :) :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal