Author Topic: not a fan of grumpy old men  (Read 18547 times)

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: not a fan of grumpy old men
« Reply #45 on: Sep 14, 2011, 09:08:26 PM »
After a shower to get the truck and driveway off me. The girlfriend might not be to happy if she goes to bed and wakes up looking like she worked on the truck all night. especially on her new Realtree AP Sheets  :o.

well ill take that shower to get the truck off me and herkimer ground smell too but my girlfriends dont care if my ap realtree sheets smell or carry grease.....but my spouse sure would lol lol ::)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: not a fan of grumpy old men
« Reply #46 on: Sep 14, 2011, 09:54:28 PM »
It could actually be your alternator. It's pretty easy to check before you buy a battery. Just disconnect the negative (-) black wire from the battery and jump start the truck. While it's running disconnect the jumper cables, if the truck dies your alternator is dead. If not, check out the terminals on the battery if they have a lot of corrosion or are loose you may be able to just get them cleaned and reconnected. Then just jump it again and let it run for twenty minutes or so to charge the battery and try shutting down and restarting. If none of that helps, you need a battery. There's a very remote chance the main fuse blew, but I've never seen one blow even with the battery shorted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal