Author Topic: Game and Fish meetings  (Read 2157 times)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
Game and Fish meetings
« on: Mar 25, 2014, 03:15:23 PM »
The meeting for season dates and how many tags they are giving out is this Thursday 3/27/14 at the fire station for anyone intersted in attending to find out what they are thinking of doing for the areas in Fremont county.  Hopefully I will be able to go and get some information and if there are major changes might have to post some up here.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
Re: Game and Fish meetings
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2014, 10:18:34 AM »
Well some of the things that might affect the residents in Fremont county are they want, well the game and fish say that the residents want, spike elk excluded from harvest in areas 67 and 68 above dubois, which stinks for me I love to eat a spike and just have to look for antlers and shoot. 

For 157 area they have cut the whitetail tags in November to 75 tags, blue tongue went through in September and October and killed a lot of whitetails in the area, and they are giving out 300 any deer tags and 400 doe/fawn tags with 75 doe/fawn whitetail tags.

On the agenda was they are thinking of making the lander and green mountain deer areas as a limited quota tag, which I think is bad because then there are only two general areas that are close to town and will get hit really hard and might have a bad affect towards the deer in those areas.

That is my rant for today.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal