Author Topic: early season bow  (Read 13579 times)

Offline bayonne

• Forked
early season bow
« on: Sep 10, 2006, 07:17:52 PM »
got out saturday but had a bad day first a lady comes thru my set up with headge cutters making a path for her horse then two guys holding hands picking mushrooms making alot of noise that killed the morning and nothing in the pm it was way hot thats public land hunting

Offline scansy

• Forked
  • IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
Re: early season bow
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2006, 04:57:58 AM »
What part of NJ?

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2006, 05:38:24 AM »
...then two guys holding hands picking mushrooms making alot of noise that killed the morning...

What? You don't see that from a deer stand very often!  ::)
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2006, 10:40:42 AM »
What? You don't see that from a deer stand very often!  ::)

Thank God for that!  :o
Adam

Offline scansy

• Forked
  • IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2006, 07:26:15 AM »
Thank God for that!  :o

If they start laying out a blanket and getting "that look" - I'm outa there.  ::)

Offline bayonne

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2006, 09:44:20 PM »
i was at assunpink w . m .a i know know on public land we must deal with s**t but this takes the cake

Offline bucknbass

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2006, 07:05:05 PM »
Hey bayonne how is your hunting season going.I have gotten 3 does so far the last one weight 110lbs.

Offline bayonne

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2006, 09:09:49 PM »
congrats sorry for not replying sooner got one two weeks ago at round valley a medium sized doe but thats about it you hunting state or private

Offline bucknbass

• Nubbie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2006, 01:00:58 PM »
congrats sorry for not replying sooner got one two weeks ago at round valley a medium sized doe but thats about it you hunting state or private
Both some state up in Wantage and private in Vernon.Just shoot my 4 on Fri.an 85lb doe.Hey do you know if the striper's are in the hackie. yet .We are going there wed. out of seacuse.

Offline bayonne

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2006, 05:20:10 PM »
they are running but your better off ont the hudson still loads of blues and the stiper bite is better but you should get some action up their try swim shads thats a good area for duck hunting aswell a nice mix of ducks

Offline bucknbass

• Nubbie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2006, 06:48:41 AM »
That is what we use storm swimming lures.I know but ducks dose not open until sat.Thats when we do cast and blast!

Offline hunters08

• Forked
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2006, 06:57:27 PM »
Just wanted to say i was blue fishing out of belmar over the weekend(caught a pile of them)and when we left we were on 35 and just after you go under the bridge where you go to get on 195 west 3 giant bucks crossed in front of us all together 2 eights and a ten pointer they all had 20 inch spreads!!!I didnt think there were bucks like that in new jersey!!!The spot they went into was just a tiny patch of woods if any of you knows where this is i would hunt there for the rest of the season if i lived there!!!!!!!

Offline bucknbass

• Nubbie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 13, 2006, 05:22:59 PM »
Hey Bayonne went out to the Hudson got nothing around the light house or the floating docks,so it got to be a little too rough out there for my buddies skeeter bass boat.So we went back into Newark bay and around some rock piles and we  got into them good.We got around 52 stripers,1 small blue fish and a 2lb white perch.It was a great day out there ,but they are not up the river yet.Maybe when the weather cools down they will start to move in. ;D

Offline bayonne

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: Oct 15, 2006, 12:45:16 PM »
congrats on a nice day of striper fishing the light house is either good or bad and it does get rough my buddy uses a g3 bass boat so i know what your talking about were in newark bay did you fish i know the old rail road bridge is a hot spot and I'm surprised theirs none up river yet i been at mill creek w.m.a on opening day of duck and you would see the striper chasing bait

Offline bayonne

• Forked
« Reply #14 on: Jul 30, 2007, 07:12:02 PM »
well its another season right around the corner any one else going early bow i have to miss opening day on sep.8th but ill be out the folowing week

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal