Author Topic: Lousy Way to Spend an Afternoon Hunting  (Read 4430 times)

Offline Coach

• 6 Pointer
  • member of the Durham Boys
Re: Lousy Way to Spend an Afternoon Hunting
« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2011, 08:50:07 PM »
Good Luck Brace. We had a similar problem last year, so I know what you are going thru.

I cut a road all around our propriety line and the guy who just purchased the property next to the farm I grew up on, used the road I cut to drive his ATV on to put up No Trespassing signs. There was several larger trees near the line I elected not to cut, he used those trees to nail up his signs even thou they were clearly on our side of the line.

The part the ticks me off the most was him driving his ATV on our property and tearing it up to put up signs to say " Stay the hell off my land" with his No Trespassing signs!!!

I did have a long chat with him as I showed him the survey maps and told him if he didn't know where the lines were I would gladly walk the lines with him. He told me he did that with the former owner, so he new exactly where the lines where. I would have like to have drop him right there, but new that wouldn't get me anywhere. I didn't have time this year, but I am going to cut down those trees right back to the line.

Here are a couple pictures of his destruction

« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2011, 07:18:50 PM by Coach »
2011 Buck Wild, 2012 Tine Lords

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Nov 03, 2011, 07:48:50 AM »
there are not to many left that have manners....see more and more idiots out there....hope this gets resolved for everyone.......and manners start to come back to our world where they belong

Offline mooseslayer71

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Nov 03, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »
 brian, might be a good idea to ask a sherrif or warden to accompany you when you go talk to him. not just to controll the situation but as a witness. hes not as likely to go off on you w/ the law there. good luck!

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Nov 03, 2011, 05:37:55 PM »
Good post. I try to be polite at work. [self-employed, public service related] Try to help people and they get impatient, holler, bitch and complain. Everyone is in a hurry. sux

yeah me too but I am always trying to be polite everywhere and it just amazes me that people would rather I bitch, hollar and complain back at them,......I wont let that happen because I wasnt raised to be a rotten person....I was raised with values and a smack on the bumster.....didnt hurt me a bit.....and taught me respect

Offline beerbellybob106

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Nov 03, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »
if they do "steal" your timber they are liable to pay you 3x the highest veneer price which for maple could get you a pretty penny, hope you get it worked out and the axe marks on the trees are blazes and shoulldnt affect the quality of your trees as long as there not deep wound good luck with your battle

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #20 on: Nov 04, 2011, 08:56:17 AM »
Good post. I try to be polite at work. [self-employed, public service related] Try to help people and they get impatient, holler, bitch and complain. Everyone is in a hurry. sux

They all think their entitled Rusty, Why do for your self when you can get soneone else to do it. You should come south 300 mile's and give public service a try. :o :o :o ;D ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #21 on: Nov 04, 2011, 05:37:01 PM »
I'll be in for a dose of the woods in a week. ;)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Bigfish57

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Nov 06, 2011, 06:24:25 PM »
wow Coach thats lame.  Is he an Anti or just wants the land to himself. If he is gonna post "his" property then why the hell is he on yours. I can't find the lodgic there. I try hard to avoid the police but, man call the boys in Green.

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #23 on: Nov 06, 2011, 06:53:45 PM »
Hey Folks,

Well, I did some further investigation and it seems the land was surveyed by a professional - Found his name on the corner posts.  I'll be calling him tomorrow, although the issue isn't quite as bad as I initially thought - Still not happy, but I thought it was much worse last weekend.

Having said that, here's what really pisses me off:

This is a picture of his Northwestestern boundary marker, taken from the adjacent landowners property looking into my property.  Notice the boundary marker compared to the notched/painted tree - Even under his calculations he's painting my trees. 

Here's the southwestern boundary marker - Again taken from the adjacent landowners property looking into my property.  Again he has painted a tree on my side of the boundary marker.

This painting of trees on my side of the boundary markers takes place the entire property line...
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2011, 06:56:30 PM by brace »
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #24 on: Nov 06, 2011, 06:58:35 PM »
 >:(

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #25 on: Nov 06, 2011, 07:08:57 PM »
Get'em!! Not a very professional job....I bet the homeowner did the trees...never had a surveyor paint trees....just use rods and flagging... >:(

Offline Litchfield Hunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Nov 07, 2011, 07:56:54 PM »
Get'em!! Not a very professional job....I bet the homeowner did the trees...never had a surveyor paint trees....just use rods and flagging... >:(
I agree with upstate,  I can't imagine a surveyor blazing trees to mark a line anymore,  I've worked part time for a land surveyor and the most we have ever done is flag lines.  The law only calls for pins to be placed at the corners.  I'm sure the land owner was behind the blazes,  but on the other hand I find it strange that your neigbhor had the land surveyed and the surveryor never tried to get into touch with you.  Whenever the surveyor I worked for started a new job he always sent letters out in the mail to neighbors before we started field work and most of the time spoke with adjacent landowners to get their opinions of where the lines sat, as well as any relevant data such as former surveys ect that made our job just a little bit easier.  I would speak with the land owner with a officer/game warden and or a state forester, as it is ultimately timber trespass is their jurisdiction present as others have said and depending on how the situation goes I wouldn't hesitate to get your restitution under state law, which is 3x the highest veneer price. 
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2011, 07:59:49 PM by Litchfield Hunter »
Its not a passion its an obsession

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #27 on: Nov 08, 2011, 08:25:50 PM »
Got a call back this morning from the surveying company that handled my neighbor's property lines - The General Manager was very pleasant, albeit not particularly helpful with my questions.  Waiting on a call back from the surveyor himself. 
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal