Hunting by Game/Technique > Waterfowl Hunting
Any Advice?
(1/3) > >>
Deer Monger:
Any advice guys? This will be my first seaon hunting migratory birds. Reading the Maine laws it doesn't appear that I can start until about Oct 4th. Going after ducks and geese. I always see tons of them, hopefully dumb luck will land me a few to try.
bear baiter:
andrew where in maine are you located ,  get some decoys and set them up and a call and let them come in if they are geese and you are seeing them in a field go back the next morning and try to blend in with a spot close to where you think they will land and feed and hope u get lucky. i do alot of of puddle duck hunting which is sneaking in to some small ponds or bogs and shooting them as they fly from the water then have thew dog go get them it fast and fun. i dont do alot of goose hunting becuase i dont see many here in my area (farmington,maine) but sometimes i catch them in the small streams and ponds that that i hunt. hope maybe i helped u a little on how to hunt them
bear baiter:
andrew forgot to mention that goose season has started here in maine we have an early goose season which goes to th 24 of sept
Deer Monger:
Thanks!
I'm in Sanford Maine area.
Guess I better go over those regulations again. I don't recalling reading anything but hunting in October.
Bobman:
The best advice I can give is to find someone who hunts waterfowl and see if you can go along.  There's nothing like learning from someone that already has expertise in hunting your area. 
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version