Author Topic: weird things found/seen while hunting  (Read 52636 times)

Offline Abolt

• Nubbie
Re: weird things found/seen while hunting
« Reply #75 on: Dec 27, 2008, 10:27:14 PM »
I was bowhunting once and found a deflated balloon with a note attached. The note was from a 2ND grader in Ohio. His whole class had released balloons with notes asking the finder to respond by telling where it was found.  It took a small amount of my time but it was well worth it.  I told them the exact location where I found it, which was about 150 miles from the release point.  They thanked me for the info and said they were so excited because I was the only one to respond at that point.  Makes you feel good!

Another time, I was out during gun season and had walked into the woods a hundred yards and saw one of those metal milk boxes.  I went over and sat on it for a while, thinking it was someones deer stand.  I got a strange feeling about what might be in it, if anything.  I stood up and flipped the lid.  Wow!  It was full of assorted girlie magazines.  To most 18 year old's, this was a real treasure.  I hauled it back to my car and gave up a couple hours of deer hunting to scan through them.

Offline Salmon_Run

• Spiked
« Reply #76 on: Dec 28, 2008, 07:34:00 AM »
I never found any magazines. I found several year ago a balloon in the deep woods that had a styrofoam box attached. It was a "radio scone" or weather balloon. It was pretty cool just to find something out of the ordinary junk.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2008, 10:48:05 AM by Salmon_Run »
" ditch the bitch and hunt!"

Offline myemmy

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #77 on: Dec 28, 2008, 09:09:49 AM »
A few years ago i was hunting in the Central Adks, looling for agood watch and i saw something shinny on the ground , went and picked it up it was a peice of aluminum olive drab and shinny alum. It was apeice of airplane, a few years ago a military planes engine blew apart and peices were scattered around, not much was said because it was not one of OURS!!

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #78 on: Dec 28, 2008, 09:12:52 AM »
Not while hunting, but while fishing...  I was checking out a widewater section on the Erie Canal on my bicycle.  There was a small dirt road leading into the spot I wanted to check, so I rode in that way.  There was some trees that had been cleared by someone a few years back, as if they were going to build there.  One stump sticking up had a something a little different on it - a white garter belt.  I figure a young couple must have parked there after a prom or wedding, and did the deed.   ;D
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Salmon_Run

• Spiked
« Reply #79 on: Dec 28, 2008, 10:49:27 AM »
I won't count the "Coney Island whitefish" found at numerous parking areas.   ;D
" ditch the bitch and hunt!"

Offline deerman

• 6 Pointer
  • ya get what ya need
« Reply #80 on: Jan 01, 2009, 05:19:38 PM »
when my father was in the army the whole platoon was sleeping in  tents in the forest and one guy lost his gun...... they rake the woods FOR A WEEK and they still never foud it....just thought i'd share.
Every man dies, but not every man lives.

Offline Rebelfisher

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill Many Things!!
« Reply #81 on: Mar 10, 2009, 07:23:01 PM »
once in the offseason took my lab for a run through the woods and stumbled upon a chainsaw buried under leaves probably 2 miles back. I took the thing home and cleaned it up..and what do ya know? the darn thing started right up! it ended up having a bad oil leak and is now in the garbage!
If its BROWN...Its DOWN!!!      If it FLYS...It DIES!!!

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #82 on: Mar 11, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »
once in the offseason took my lab for a run through the woods and stumbled upon a chainsaw buried under leaves probably 2 miles back. I took the thing home and cleaned it up..and what do ya know? the darn thing started right up! it ended up having a bad oil leak and is now in the garbage!
May have been used in a murder ;D.

Offline james

• Forked
« Reply #83 on: Mar 11, 2009, 01:38:42 PM »
I have called in homeless people with my coyote caller a few times lol.
james

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #84 on: Mar 11, 2009, 01:57:33 PM »
[quote author=Abolt link=topic=518.msg26130#msg26130 date=1230438434}
Another time, I was out during gun season and had walked into the woods a hundred yards and saw one of those metal milk boxes.  I went over and sat on it for a while, thinking it was someones deer stand.  I got a strange feeling about what might be in it, if anything.  I stood up and flipped the lid.  Wow!  It was full of assorted girlie magazines.  To most 18 year old's, this was a real treasure.  I hauled it back to my car and gave up a couple hours of deer hunting to scan through them.
[/quote]
I hope the pages were not stuck together? The wife most not let you have those type of magazines around the house ;D.
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2009, 02:00:54 PM by drobertsinMaryland »

Offline girlshunttoo

• Spiked
  • bring on the gobblers!
« Reply #85 on: Apr 13, 2009, 02:04:12 PM »
Whats a Back Tag?

guess there not required in some state? well, there what they say they are, its like a number you wear on your back with your address and name and stuff and you wear em when you go huntin'.
Eva(:

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #86 on: Sep 07, 2009, 06:28:33 AM »
A few years back i was working in the woods,as I do almost everyday,I found a Browning auto sweet 16 agaist a tree,,called the sheriffs dept.-told him I claim it if nobody else does--A few weeks later the owner called me up and thanked me.it was stollen out of his house.Other things I've found are many Cannabis fields,grave full of bones-turned out to be deer,baggs of dead animals,person living in a tree,adult toys and Mags.,skinny dippers,-all the time we find tree stands with a saltblock and corn pile near them and trail cams probally with us land surveyors walking by......

Offline AD

• Forked
« Reply #87 on: Nov 01, 2009, 08:33:24 AM »
Saw a pair of underwear 10 + feet up in a tree 2 + miles back in the woods doing some scouting this year.     
One iof my co-workers found a sweet 300 win mag this year during bow season.    Turns out a Conservation Officer had chased a guy through the woods for hunting with a rifle during bow season, the man tossed the gun before the CPO could catch up to him, the CPO never could find where the man had tossed the rifle.     
....  You can't eat the antlers ....

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #88 on: Nov 01, 2009, 08:51:51 AM »
Saw a pair of underwear 10 + feet up in a tree 2 + miles back in the woods doing some scouting this year.     
One iof my co-workers found a sweet 300 win mag this year during bow season.    Turns out a Conservation Officer had chased a guy through the woods for hunting with a rifle during bow season, the man tossed the gun before the CPO could catch up to him, the CPO never could find where the man had tossed the rifle.     
so did you get to keep the gun and what kind of condition was it in
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

Offline luckyduck22

• Forked
« Reply #89 on: Nov 01, 2009, 10:52:22 AM »
last week i was hunting down the road and found a brand new under armor heat gear at the base of a tree. brought it home and took a look at it and it still had the tag on it! well i guess finders keeper in this situation

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal