Author Topic: Goose Hunts  (Read 21192 times)

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
Goose Hunts
« on: Sep 02, 2009, 08:59:21 PM »
What nobody got any? I went out tonight and scouted a whole bunch of fields and didnt see a bird.....i drive by an apartment complex with a couple ponds and its loaded....Heading out tomorrow morning with a few people we are hunting a huge green field with about a hundred deeks.....this field was hunted on opening day by another group of people so i hope the birds wont be too spooked....will give a report and hopefully some pics if all goes well.

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
Re: Goose Hunts
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2009, 09:02:31 PM »
Killed 5 birds opening morning, nothin opening night worst opening day ever, we killed 20 birds last year opening morning in 1 hr with 4 guys.......... this year we can barely shoot 5.... im back to work, and scouting at nights.....  i'll be back out before too long, gotta go catch some more river salmon before deer season comes in tho......  good luck.
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

halfrack33

« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2009, 09:05:17 PM »
have to buy my stamp tomorrow. My buddy only got a few opening day and said he had to work hard for them. I might try to sneak up on a few in the mohawk this week or next.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2009, 09:31:30 PM »
Ya i scoped the mohawk tonight too and there was nothing, but a little while later i saw about 50 flying low heading for the river....everyone i talked too said its been tough already this year but....im gonna bring the camera in the blind with me and at least get some shots of our setup and stuff to show you guys

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2009, 12:18:19 PM »
well we ended up getting 3 this morning it was a BEAUTIFUL morning to be hunting definitely got the blood flowing......we only ended up putting out 50 deeks but thats all we needed.....the birds that were in close enough to see the deeks or hear us calling came in without hesitation.....my shot was definitely off today we should have had at least 5 or 6 but oh well still an awesome morning...... took quite a few pics i will post em tonight

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Sep 03, 2009, 01:00:24 PM »
well we ended up getting 3 this morning it was a BEAUTIFUL morning to be hunting definitely got the blood flowing......we only ended up putting out 50 deeks but thats all we needed.....the birds that were in close enough to see the deeks or hear us calling came in without hesitation.....my shot was definitely off today we should have had at least 5 or 6 but oh well still an awesome morning...... took quite a few pics i will post em tonight

Cool. Cant wait to see the pics.

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Sep 03, 2009, 01:16:29 PM »
me and a couple of the boys went out opener morning. three were roosted on the pond jumped em and shot two of those. then about an hour and a half later a flock of about 10 or 12 came in and we dropped six of them ended up with 8 geese. hit a dove feild and three of us got about 20-22 birds. went out yesterday for doves 5 of us got 75 doves. went out this mornin had four geese come over and two dropped like rain! doing alright so far could of had a few more geese but some things got all messed up on us. it's ok had some good times with the fella's.

halfrack33

« Reply #7 on: Sep 03, 2009, 02:15:06 PM »
i got my first of the season today... with my car! It wasn't on purpose but i probably could have done a better job off avioding it. Ironically enough i was on my way to buy my duck stamp.

Offline nathancarter

• Nubbie
« Reply #8 on: Sep 06, 2009, 02:19:53 PM »
Up in Maine any spot you find, by the next day 4 or 5 other groups find it also and hunt the hell out of it...had a spot with over 100 flying in every night....the second day of the season....two now flying in...hopefully they will come back, but who knows..

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2009, 03:23:42 PM »
let our spot go friday and saturday let everyone else shoot em up around town. went out this morning (sunday) two of us shot our limit and each got 2 bands on the day! birds were everywhere. had birds on us steadily for a good 2 1/2 hours. what a day! everything paid off, all went well just like a book! hahaha. good luck guys! grind em up.

Offline Madpuppy

• 6 Pointer
  • SAPA SUMANITU TAKA
« Reply #10 on: Sep 06, 2009, 04:00:19 PM »
i got my first of the season today... with my car! It wasn't on purpose but i probably could have done a better job off avioding it. Ironically enough i was on my way to buy my duck stamp.
That is a CLASSIC halftrack!!! ;D
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM, THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline Adam Bomb

• Forked
  • In Pursuit
« Reply #11 on: Sep 06, 2009, 05:44:22 PM »
Had a ton of birds i the field before season. 300 the day before. Very few since. Opening day we never fired a shot, first time thats happened. Dad killed one the other morning and that was it. We killed 4 of 7 that came in this morning with 2 guns, shoulda had 6, but theyre tough S.O.B.'s and got up and took off while we were reloading. Still cant believe that happned! I think a little weather would help. Been pretty "balmy" to say the least. ::)...Why cant we get weather like this when we want to fish?
Ya gotta kill em before ya can grill em!
Adam

halfrack33

« Reply #12 on: Sep 06, 2009, 06:38:55 PM »
Had a ton of birds i the field before season. 300 the day before. Very few since. Opening day we never fired a shot, first time thats happened. Dad killed one the other morning and that was it. We killed 4 of 7 that came in this morning with 2 guns, shoulda had 6, but theyre tough S.O.B.'s and got up and took off while we were reloading. Still cant believe that happned! I think a little weather would help. Been pretty "balmy" to say the least. ::)...Why cant we get weather like this when we want to fish?

Yeah, you should see what the weather has been doing to my food plot. NO RAIN AT ALL! Tomorrow morning i have to start early and four wheel probably 150 gallons into the woods and use a watering can to try to save all the money and effort i put into it.

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2009, 03:19:12 PM »
3 of us went out Tuesday mornin we each shot 2 birds. 2 of us got 2 bands and the other guy got 1 band. great morning, no limits but what was attached to the birds pays off on its own!

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Sep 09, 2009, 06:15:09 PM »
Northern-duck-assassin, seems you guys are gettin it done awesome job....i have yet to shoot a banded bird but soon hopefully. We have been on a little dry spell, last 2 times out we came back empty handed. The birds are definitely starting to get educated around here i think

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal