Author Topic: Goose Pics  (Read 5308 times)

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
Goose Pics
« on: Aug 31, 2004, 08:04:10 AM »
Figured I would post some goose pics from "yesterday" to get people pumped!

First pic, a goose hunt at one of the farm that I hunt on, very early season, got a few but there was hardly any around.

The picture that proves it all, this is when I was injured and still went and hunted that year for goose, duck and deer. I am diehard! If you look close you will notice a sandle on my foot, this becuase I could not wear my boot.

Another day that we hunted.

Sunrise from my goose blind, overlooking a hourglass shaped pond that we named "death alley" becuase of the funnel it creates.

And last but not least, my beloved goose blind -  "The Dumper"

« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2004, 07:01:02 PM by Scott »

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
Re: Goose Pics
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2004, 08:21:33 AM »
Nice pics BS!  Who's the girl in your first photo?  It's good to see kids enjoying hunting (especially girls), after all they are the future of the sport.  I'm trying to set up an early season hunt with my brother this year, but he is fishing in the Adirondacks with his son until next week.  I got a new smoker this summer and wanted to try smoking a goose breast.
Their comin' right for us!

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2004, 09:55:52 AM »
The girl in the photo is my buddys daughter.

My daughter hunts goose with me as well. She is 8 almost 9 and is excited for when she turns 12. I hope her level of excitement continues. She is constantly talking about deer hunting and turkey hunting as well. She has been out so far with me for small game, goose, ducks, turkey. This year she is at the age that I think I will take her on a bow hunt.

Where do you live in NY? I love to goose hunt but do not eat them. I give all of them away. If you are anywhere semi close to me, I am about in the middle of Rochester and Syracuse your welcome to come get a few.

Jon

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2004, 02:33:23 PM »
Nice pix, Jon. Those memories live on long after the meat is gone!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2004, 10:14:57 AM »
BSJ - I live in Hamburg, NY just south of Buffalo.  Bit of a hike to get a couple of geese but thanks anyway!  Keep up the good work with getting the kids involved, my boys are still a little young (3 years old and 6 months old) for hunting but the 3 year old has been going fishing this year  ;D.

Offline Coldfeet

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2004, 10:13:43 AM »
Jon
Great Pics. It looks like all their had a good time. One thing in NY we don't lack is Canada Geese. I only wish they would have a bigger bag limmit for later in the season. We seem to see as many if not more during waterfowl season and getting rid of a few of them doesnt seem to be a bad idea sense they seem to be so plentyfull during the summer months. Bobman
You live real  close to me. I live on the Boston Orchard Park area and if I get out and get a few I get in touch with you so you can try your smoker out. Take a ride up to Winters Farm in Langford and see all the Geese he has their.
Cold Feet

Offline Deer Monger

• 6 Pointer
    • DumondFlies.com
« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2004, 01:37:32 PM »
Nice! I'm going to try my luck for the first time this year.
2009 tally

Woodies - 5
Mallards - 2

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2004, 09:01:56 AM »
Bobman
You live real close to me. I live on the Boston Orchard Park area and if I get out and get a few I get in touch with you so you can try your smoker out. Take a ride up to Winters Farm in Langford and see all the Geese he has their.
Cold Feet

Sounds great Coldfeet!  I saw your blind pics and was wondering where you do your duck hunting?  Since we live so close maybe we hunt some of the same places.  I usually hunt in the Alabama area (Tonawanda, Oak Orchard and Iroquois) but there are also a few streams in the Southern Tier where I jump shoot Mallards and Woodies.  Always on the lookout for new places to try.  I was thinking of trying Allen Lake (in Alleghany county) this fall.  I talked to a DEC officer in the spring about it and he said it was legal (the lake is on state land) but he wasn't sure if the ducks hung around there very long.  I figure I can give try first thing and if nothing throw on some orange, change boots and hunt around there for grouse.

Offline barleydog

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Sep 17, 2004, 01:38:12 PM »
Nice birds Buckshot! ;)  Tasty and Big!

Offline Coldfeet

• Nubbie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2004, 04:57:18 PM »
Bobman
The picture of the blind was on Silver Lake. We used to hunt it every year and did quiet well their. It was on the south end. We used to get tons of Mallards and woodies along with Teal and some Divers mostley Bluebills. But recently the scaup have been on the decline and getting them has been real rare. Also I do some jump shooting on 18 Mile for Woodies I have a few spots for them that has been pretty good. I never got a duck identification couse because I really didn't believe in it But the way things are going Hunting the prserves seems to be the only way to go. I just hate the thought of waiting for the Blind draw and not getting out to hunt at all. Kind of stinks I think! Their seem to be a lot of spots to hunt waterfowl in our area if we just think about it and get some permission. Kind of funny we live near one of the bigest freshwater bodys of water and their is nowhere out their to hunt it. I will have to talk to the DEC about a couple other spots I got in mind not a lot of ducks but enough to keep us busy for a day.
Cold Feet

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #10 on: Aug 11, 2005, 11:50:41 AM »
Cool pics, we are going to hopfully bag more birds this year than we did last year. ;D ;D
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline need2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Sep 12, 2005, 03:30:17 PM »
Nice birds and pics.  I can't wait to get out.
If it can't get done outdoors, it isn't going to get done!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal