MHF US Midwest > Hunting Kentucky
deer are being seen
(1/1)
kyhareraiser:
 i have put out a couple trail cams and have gotten some pics of at least 4 diffrent bucks in a area on a ridge that is close to where i hunt. seems back in july all them had velvet but this 8 pointer had already shed his,is that normal ..the deer are visiting a mineral site i have ,but the last time i was there a bear had visited the site and my camera ..i guess it was a bear,there were scratches on the tree where it slid the trail camera arround the tree to point in another direction instead of at the site..could'a been someone messing with me or maybe the bear was camera shy :D.anyway,i'm going back tomorrow to freshen everything up,and put up a bump feeder . this time i will wear my scentblocker cloths and wear rubber gloves so i can maybe keep scent from the minerals and stuff off my camera..like to see that bear and see how much those bucks have grown.. ..hopefully i'll have pics to share by the time i get the cam out on the 8th..
buckblaster:
Looking forward to the pics. I've heard of bears messing with cameras. Never got one on cam myself but some guys up north have had bears sniffing and pawing at their cams.
drobertsinMaryland:
Nice post up the pics under the trail cam section. If you need help figuring out how to post them let us know. I wouldn't think it was normal for him to shed his velvet in July. You definitely want to keep the scent from minerals and other bait product off your camera. My friend in Western MD lost his whole camera do to a bear. Hope you get some more pics to share on the 8th.
Raquettedacker:
Cant wait to see some Kentucky pictures..
kyhareraiser:
no good pics so far :o ,,squirrel, yotes,and some blanks..   yotes may have to be taken out of the picture ::) ;D
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version