Author Topic: Woodman Arms Muzzleloader  (Read 5429 times)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Woodman Arms Muzzleloader
« Reply #15 on: Jul 13, 2020, 05:47:14 PM »
Thanks Aaron!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Jul 14, 2020, 06:29:06 AM »
Been really wanting to buy one since i held 1 at a show a couple years back but couldn't get feedback from anyone who owns 1. didn't want to drop the coin until i heard from a reliable source so let me know how she shoots please. thanks

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #17 on: Jul 14, 2020, 08:22:17 AM »
Been really wanting to buy one since i held 1 at a show a couple years back but couldn't get feedback from anyone who owns 1. didn't want to drop the coin until i heard from a reliable source so let me know how she shoots please. thanks

Same here, I also hated the fact I was going to be paying more for a middleman in the Sales picture the last couple years and a logo on a gun I didn’t want. I believe BWB is out of the picture now as far as selling and distributing so now I pulled the trigger. Nothing against BWB but I represent myself.

I will let you know how she goes, wishing these temps would drop but I guess I can still rip a few down the hole this weekend

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Jul 15, 2020, 11:34:54 AM »
you did buy direct from woodman? or are they not doing that when i was looking i talked right with the guys at the machine shop its only about 20 min away from me.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #19 on: Jul 15, 2020, 12:38:07 PM »
Yes I got direct it’s no longer through big woods bucks like it was the last year and a half

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Jul 21, 2020, 03:00:26 AM »
Nice looking ML Frank, cant wait to see the buck it drops (i know how you are)..

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #21 on: Jul 21, 2020, 04:29:41 PM »
That’s the plan! Still haven’t found time to shoot it or get 100% on stand prep. I’m usually done by now.

I’ll tell ya this Covid BS has done nothing but triple my work, what I’d give for just 1 quarantine day

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #22 on: Jul 25, 2020, 07:57:00 AM »
She shoots like a dream! It shot a inch high on first initial shot like the said it would then dialed in once seasoned. Never touched the scope nothing just shot the 3 shots and it was already good to go! Just sat and leaned on that fallen tree in pic. What a amazing muzzleloader and no cleaning between shots love it!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Jul 25, 2020, 05:59:31 PM »
Nice! Bet your pumped to use her this season.
I can agree on not having to clean between shots is soooo nice!
My Accura MR with the Nitride bergara barrel, I can shoot 10- 15 shots(maybe more?) and it only takes one swab to clean it out. It's absolutely amazing, compared to the maintenance these things use to take.  Man, muzzleloaders have come such a long way.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #24 on: Jul 25, 2020, 06:48:48 PM »
No doubt! The owner has one that they are on shot 400 with right now no swabbing

I pulled the breech cleaned that and left the barrel as they said too
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2020, 05:46:51 AM by aquaassassin »

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #25 on: Jul 25, 2020, 07:30:43 PM »
That's a shooter for sure.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Jul 27, 2020, 10:08:49 AM »
Thanks for the evaluation Frank looks like i'm back on the woodman wagon. As far as cleanliness goes ever since i switched to black horn no fouling and easy loading on both my t/c's best switch i ever made.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #27 on: Jul 27, 2020, 11:18:02 AM »
Thanks for the evaluation Frank looks like i'm back on the woodman wagon. As far as cleanliness goes ever since i switched to black horn no fouling and easy loading on both my t/c's best switch i ever made.

Agree, this Blackhorn cannot be beat in any category besides maybe ease of reload as far as it’s much easier to dump a speed loader with a few pellets and bullet in it then pour the powder to these then grab sabot etc.

But this Blackhorn is cleaner, higher velocities than my white hots pellets and quicker ignition with proper primers. Far more accurate with a repetitive burn rate etc. cleans well, reloads like a dream.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal