Author Topic: Well my first time out went.....haywire.....they found my deer today  (Read 12972 times)

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: Well my first time out went.....haywire.....they found my deer today
« Reply #15 on: Dec 02, 2011, 04:23:08 PM »
 :o :o  The guys found my deer today... >:( >:( >:(...It wasnt a 6 pt but a 5 pt.. ;D ;D ;D...getting me the skull and antlers and giving them to me next weekend so I got a trophy. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....but meat all gone from the coyotes and such.. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(......DANG DANG DANG..................... :o :o :o :o :o but at least I get the antlers and skull.......how do I treat the stuff so I can hang it?????? any ideas????do I have to report this????even though i didnt get the meat?????

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Dec 02, 2011, 04:48:29 PM »
Your non-imaginary cohort can help with antlers and such. 

I believe you would have to tag it, but then report to your local ECO that it cannot be consumed and get a replacement or something like that.  Just call them and ask - their numbers are all in the back of the regs guide.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #17 on: Dec 02, 2011, 04:55:55 PM »
Thats great loonyone. Make sure to post some pics. Are you planning to do a Euro mount or a skull cap on a nice plaque? Not sure what the law is as far as tagging and such in NY.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #18 on: Dec 02, 2011, 05:11:13 PM »
Put your tag on it and get a picture of it you and your gun..  Our team needs the points..... ;D ;D ;D

But first call the closest office and ask them what to do....  You can get a Meat Unfit For Consumption permit to continue hunting....   DEC numbers are on page 8 in the book..

As far as cleaning the skull... ::) ::)
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Dec 02, 2011, 06:04:50 PM »
Congrats on being able to at least have the horns & skull Lonnyone, too bad about the meat part of it though. I would have a Euro mount done of it !!!

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #20 on: Dec 02, 2011, 06:08:50 PM »
Glad they found it for you. To bad about the meat, but let us know how the unfit for consumption thing goes.

halfrack33

« Reply #21 on: Dec 02, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
I would personally fill the tag since you killed a buck. I beleive "unfit for consumption" is meant for diseased deer etc, not ones that weren't recovered. I'm sure you could get one though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal