Author Topic: got to try out my new swing blade  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Professor Backstrap

• Forked
  • huntin bucks and drivin trucks... thats how i roll
got to try out my new swing blade
« on: Oct 25, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
so i'm sittin in my stand this afternoon and i guess it was around 5 oclock, as  i was looking and listening to all the different noises i was thinking to myself man i wish somebody would at least shoot at a deer already. no sooner than i said that my phone vibrates. M.O.M. sent me a message sayin a  doe just left here with a leak in her. so now i get all antsy cuz i shot she shot her 1st deer. then she tells me it was bog and i just want to get outta my tree and go see whats goin on. so finaally just before dark i get down and drive over to where bog was hunting. i got there and they were already on the trail. little drops of blood here and there. another friend who was with us say there she is. and she was lying right in the middle of a swamp. so i walk out there and drag her bakc to high ground and bogs says ok whos gonna do the dirty work? i look around and everybody has there finger on their noses and sayin not it. so considering i had the new knife i figured i wanted to try it out. (which didn't really turn out like i had hoped it would) all in all it was a good evening and now we got some backstraps in the freezer  ;D ;D thanks paw paw

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: got to try out my new swing blade
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2010, 07:38:05 PM »
Sounds like you guys had a great night PB..   I think it all happened because LH posted on his Face book that he had a feeling one of you were going to score tonight.... ;D ;D ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2010, 09:07:34 PM »
The knife was fine,That butt out thing aint worth 2 spit's though.LOL
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

halfrack33

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2010, 09:10:20 PM »

Whaaat? It worked great for me!

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2010, 10:16:52 PM »
Nothing beats getting your hands dirty!!!

Offline huntfishdrink

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2010, 12:34:23 AM »

i have never tried one but my buddy says its the best thing ever.it only takes me a few minutes to gut a deer.he could spend half the day doing it.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2010, 04:58:14 AM »
PB has used it before and all reports were that it was awesome. This was the first time I had seen it work. He stuck it inthere twisted it all around pulled it out and cut the vent off. See it's awesome. So after he get's all done I have to trim the whole pelvis out anyway because it's got the rectum all still stuck in there.His comment to me was "see I don't have to stick my finger in the where it doesnt belong" LOL   My comment was more to bust on the boy than the tool. I don't see where I would buy one,too much crap in my pockets already.LOL
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Professor Backstrap

• Forked
  • huntin bucks and drivin trucks... thats how i roll
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2010, 08:19:09 PM »
lol it worked good the first time. i think i did something wrong yesterday

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2010, 08:24:31 PM »
Left it in his pocket tonight.LOL

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2010, 05:42:57 PM »
Never been one for to many gadgets. I carry a locking folding buck knife, but usually use my small locking Case. Just easier and I can put my finger on top of the blade and it sits in my hand better.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2010, 09:40:28 AM »
I went to an Outdoor edge "skinner" with the T handle. Best Skinner I have used, small enough to be managable.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal