Author Topic: Hunting Photos  (Read 17798 times)

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
Re: Hunting Photos
« Reply #30 on: Oct 14, 2013, 11:02:44 PM »
great pictures guys !!  nice lookin animals
Bad decisions make for good stories !

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #31 on: Oct 15, 2013, 08:20:28 AM »

I'm with loony, Wow on the bear pics. I'd guess he weighed 200 lbs. ???

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #32 on: Oct 15, 2013, 10:46:52 AM »
Nice pictures Dain, I had one of those at ten feet but no camera on me at the time, could have thumped him in the head with the rifle barrel, had elk come down past me, started cow calling heard crunching thought it was the bull and at 10 yards seen bear coming at me, and he stepped out in the little clearing I was standing in down in the dark timber, started sniffing around looking for the elk, I said hi and he ran the other way.  Was a very exiting moment there.

Offline wyofarmer

• Spiked
« Reply #33 on: Oct 15, 2013, 01:53:05 PM »
Thanks Nate. I would guess him at about 300-350lbs. He didn't care in the least bit that we were there.

Offline er-e-is

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #34 on: Oct 15, 2013, 10:28:30 PM »
Did you have your bear spray ready? Or the magnum?

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #35 on: Oct 16, 2013, 04:05:46 AM »
Very nice pic's   8)   Must have been busy eating berries & getting ready for the white stuff

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #36 on: Oct 16, 2013, 07:46:34 AM »
I carry the Magnum for them, but only when they act aggressively towards me, there are some areas around here that if you are hunting in them it is required that we carry bear spray.  I love to see all the wildlife out there, it is always a cool feeling to be so close to the animals, even if they are a little more dangerous than other.  Hope to have more pictures in the next few days, went out deer hunting last night after work, seen some little guys and thought I had a good picture with the camera on the spotting scope, but none of the pictures turned out.  Was a great night out with the family.

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #37 on: Oct 16, 2013, 08:20:30 AM »
Very cool bear pictures and a great elk. Thanks for sharing....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline wyofarmer

• Spiked
« Reply #38 on: Oct 16, 2013, 08:34:33 AM »
Did you have your bear spray ready? Or the magnum?
I had bear spray in the 230gr variety.  :o   

I carry the Magnum for them, but only when they act aggressively towards me, there are some areas around here that if you are hunting in them it is required that we carry bear spray.  I love to see all the wildlife out there, it is always a cool feeling to be so close to the animals, even if they are a little more dangerous than other.  Hope to have more pictures in the next few days, went out deer hunting last night after work, seen some little guys and thought I had a good picture with the camera on the spotting scope, but none of the pictures turned out.  Was a great night out with the family.
Do you have a general tag or a 157 tag Nate?

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #39 on: Oct 16, 2013, 08:54:26 AM »
I just have a general tag, the only thing I drew was a sandhill crane tag and did not even hunt for that one with my wife not being able to go out and hunt for her sandhill crane.  The little buck i seen shot was just barely legal with the 3 points or better, i do not think the guys from county 4 even looked to see they just shot it.  It was about an 18 inch wide 20 inch tall 2X3.  The third point was just there, but the kid looked like he was a youth hunter so then it really did not matter, I did not stick around to see thought I might get roped into dragging it since it ran into a pretty bad draw before he got him down.  It was nice being out and seeing as many does and fawns and we did in one evening hunt.  Plus three legal bucks to boot.

Offline fishaholictaz

• Nubbie
« Reply #40 on: Oct 22, 2013, 09:22:22 PM »
Got my first wy tag filled my biggest bull to date unit 110...

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #41 on: Oct 23, 2013, 08:56:28 AM »
congrats everyone i enjoy looking at the threads out there you guys have some awesome big game hunting!
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline wyo969

• Spiked
« Reply #42 on: Oct 23, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »
Fishaholctaz where they still bugling over there? They were up in 67 where I was at Saturday.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #43 on: Oct 23, 2013, 05:04:49 PM »
Congratulations on that nice bull fishaholictaz the white stuff how much you have on the ground out there....

Offline fishaholictaz

• Nubbie
« Reply #44 on: Oct 24, 2013, 08:15:13 PM »
Not talking that we heard and snow isnt full force yet only a few inches up high

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal