Author Topic: loonyone these are for you  (Read 3015 times)

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
loonyone these are for you
« on: Oct 21, 2012, 02:46:27 PM »
I was not succesfull but I did take some pics for you to see what it looks like where I hunt. I did see cows both days but cannot shoot them in this area. Will hunt cows in the next few weeks in a different area. I have a "B" tag that allows me to harvest a cow in a different area but still take a bull also wherever it is legal to do so.

For the most part I hunt where you cannot drive

Elk rub, bulls will get tree between their front legs and push with chest to rub the entire tree

This bull rubbed 2 trees and you can see he broke the top off one and it laying in the foreground

Walking through the trees hoping to see a "blonde patch of hair"

Elk bed w/ poo, I did see 2 cows about 150 yards from here

General Scenery

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2012, 08:11:05 AM by zimmer2 »

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: looneyone these are for you
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2012, 02:53:18 PM »
Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2012, 02:53:34 PM »
That is a gorgeous area! Great pictures.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »
Great pictures Zimmer...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline chuckrudy

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2012, 03:29:45 PM »
beautiful photos
no information

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2012, 03:32:10 PM »
 ;D :D :D Wow these are great and much appreciated.. :D ....you have some beautiful country and I hope someday soon to be able to go back and see it for real.  Love them all.sorry you didnt get one but love the shots......hope for another success day next weekend for you.  good luck and thanks................. ;D ;D ;D ;D  thanks so much for taken and sharing them doreen

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2012, 03:49:35 PM »
I was not succesfull but I did take some pics for you to see what it looks like where I hunt. I did see cows both days but cannot shoot them in this area. Will hunt cows in the next few weeks in a different area. I have a "B" tag that allows me to harvest a cow in a different area but still take a bull also wherever it is legal to do so.

Let me start with the I am sorry you didnt get an elk or even a chance at one but I sure can place myself in everyone of these events...........I am known to have a wild imagination at times  :o :o :o :o SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could see my avalanche parking here daily  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Riding my four wheeler to the cabin and seeing this daily  ;) ;) ;) ;)

I can see me inspecting all the rubs and hairs galore  :D :D :D :D :D sighs again!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could see me walking through the trees hoping to see a "blonde patch of hair"  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I could see me just a hunting up the elk poo taking pics and enjoying ever bit of it......  ::) ::) ::) ::) beggin

I could see this being part of my drive in to my cabin via 4 wheeler or snowmachine  ;D ;D ;D ;D heaven I could be in heaven

this would be the view to from my imagination...cabin.........oh i am hating NYS more and more   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

thanks for the walk

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2012, 08:48:42 PM »
Great editing job..... I hope I can be part of that dream someday.

went out for a short evening hunt and saw a grouse was all :(   There is a game check station that I have to stop at and there had been 9 bulls and 2 cows through since this morning, so some guys are having luck!

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: loonyone these are for you
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2012, 08:29:05 AM »
my editing is just that a dream but someday lol...................glad someone is having some luck over your way...I got out for a short walk yesterday to check my cam's but after the walk in and out (all uphill on retreat) I decided I was too sore to check the other cam..I can carry my 243 easy enough.........stitches come out today.....so maybe that will make it easier for walking.........Will take some pics of my area soon enough but today I doubt it.....trees are just about all bare around me now so not such spectacular colors anymore.....Maybe I will get down for a while this afternoon because I think I need to move the cameras.  just junk picts of nothing.....not even a crow.....so maybe I can stand another walk tonight but not sure....if I do I will take a few pictures...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal