Author Topic: MONTANA RIFLE ELK OPENER !!!  (Read 3824 times)

Offline mt.perchman

• 6 Pointer
MONTANA RIFLE ELK OPENER !!!
« on: Oct 17, 2012, 07:09:45 AM »
well hunted all archer season seen some good elk just couldnt close the deal . saturday the 20th is the rifle opener for elk and deer !!! hope i see some this weekend . i signed up for some block management area and was excited intill he told me about all the bear sightings . one large male grizz and a sow with to cubs,  mmm that makes you think. he told me to have lots of help to keep watch while i cut up any animals i  kill . sounds like an exciting hunting trip !!! guess we should all be bear aware. well good luck to all hope we get some weather !!!
LIVING THE DREAM IN BIG SKY MONTANA !!!

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
Re: MONTANA RIFLE ELK OPENER !!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »
Oh wow that must be nerve racking...worrying about bear while cleaning an animal. Either way good luck man!

Luke

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2012, 01:07:44 PM »
Can see snow on the hill tops after the clouds lifted yesterday. Good luck to ya

Offline mt.perchman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:30:56 AM »
thats just some of the excitement living in montana .i have never seen a grizz yet but seen lots of tracks and large piles of scat. i have a great picture of my foot next to a large grizz track but cant seem to get it loaded up having trouble with photobucket , guess i will have the kids help me lol . i was spring bear hunting near nevada creek in some snow and found his track cool but scary it was very fresh . i will try again to load pictures.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:33:35 AM »
Good luck and keep looking over your shoulder...... ::) ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:40:42 AM »
hurrry up and get something so we can see the pictures and hear more adventures....love to hear about it.....wish I was there to do it and good luck to you..

Offline mt.perchman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2012, 06:19:06 AM »
yes i cant wait one more day ,guess its going to be around 60 today but in the 20ts at nite should be cool in the mountains. my wife was with me when i signed in ,she told me i was on my own . she is a bear hunter but just not that kind. guess she will hunt with me on saturday she said , she carries a 300 ultra mag also , that will help just in case i will have my ruger 480 on my side . its great country for elk and deer . they tell us to wear bells and carry pepper spray for bears !!!!  its funny you can tell the difference in black bear scat because it has seeds and squirrel fur in and grizz scat is larger and just has bells and orange clothing pieces  and smells like pepper .LOL  im sure we will be just fine out there. have a great day all and good luck hunting !!!!!

Offline mt.perchman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2012, 06:31:10 AM »
this area is a good deer area for a chance at a 200'' plus mulie . but we have to get some bad weather first to drive them out of the mountains. my tag is for the edge of forest service and lower , i will just give it a hell of a try. 

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2012, 10:45:18 AM »
this area is a good deer area for a chance at a 200'' plus mulie . but we have to get some bad weather first to drive them out of the mountains. my tag is for the edge of forest service and lower , i will just give it a hell of a try.
Hope to see the pics of a 200" buck................good luck

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2012, 12:23:55 PM »
yes i cant wait one more day ,guess its going to be around 60 today but in the 20ts at nite should be cool in the mountains. my wife was with me when i signed in ,she told me i was on my own . she is a bear hunter but just not that kind. guess she will hunt with me on saturday she said , she carries a 300 ultra mag also , that will help just in case i will have my ruger 480 on my side . its great country for elk and deer . they tell us to wear bells and carry pepper spray for bears !!!!  its funny you can tell the difference in black bear scat because it has seeds and squirrel fur in and grizz scat is larger and just has bells and orange clothing pieces  and smells like pepper .LOL  im sure we will be just fine out there. have a great day all and good luck hunting !!!!!

well hurry up I say and gets us one to see......cant wait to see...be safe and have a wonderful time

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal