Author Topic: 2010 Veterans Thank You Hunt  (Read 1167 times)

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
2010 Veterans Thank You Hunt
« on: Aug 29, 2010, 08:32:21 PM »
D3TV and Southern Tier Outfitters in conjunction with the Wounded Warriors Project will be hosting another waterfowl hunt this November for up to 16 US combat veterans.  We already have a commitment from WWP to supply us with 5 vets that have received wounds in the service of our country.  We will be field hunting ducks and geese in my area of Western New York.  There will be 4 groups of hunters with 4 vets in each group hunting 4 different fields.

The vets will arrive in Batavia NY on Wednesday, November 10th and get checked in their hotel rooms.  At 6:00 we will be going to my church in Batavia where we will have a pasta dinner and some conversation.  Then back to the hotel for a good nights sleep to rest up for the following days hunt. 

Thursday, November 11th (Veteran's Day)  morning we will all meet at the hotel for coffee and doughnuts and then head on out to the field.  Volunteers will help us get the vets unable to walk out to the field with 4 wheelers if we cant drive our trucks out.  The volunteers will also be there if we need help setting up.  The hunt will end at 11:00 (or hopefully sooner  ).

We will then head to a local sporting club where we will have a great meal prepared for us by a local chapter of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.  After the meal we will hand out prizes and gifts that were donated by fellow sportsman, call makers, decoy companies, decoy carvers, etc.

Now for the pitch.   In order for us to achieve our goals of being able to put on this event we need funding.  I don't feel very comfortable asking perfect strangers for money, but I figure that the cause is well worth the effort of me at least asking.  Wouldn't you agree?  These heroes lay it all on the line everyday so that we can enjoy our God given right (thanks to our military) to enjoy the freedoms and liberties we all hold so dear.

This event will not cost our veterans a single plug nickel!!  We are paying for their travel, lodging, meals, licensing and ammunition....also anything else I may have forgot to mention.  So as you can see it is going to take a lot of money to get this done....FOR THEM!

Any funds that are left after all expenses will be cheerfully donated to the Wounded Warrior Project.

Here are 3 ways that you can help by sending a donation:

1) Paypal:  send a donation thru Paypal at [email protected]

2) Check/Money Order: Please notify me by email to: [email protected] and I can give you an address to send it to

3) Waterfowl related gift/prize: Please notify me by email to: [email protected] and I can give you an address to send it to

Thank you!

Here are some pictures of our last vets hunt

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2010, 09:50:10 PM by fowl mood »

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: 2010 Veterans Thank You Hunt
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2010, 08:41:17 PM »
I have a good friend who is retiring out in Canadagua after 26 years in the Navy, I'm sure he would love to help out and get involved with your show...if you are interested in getting local military involved in helping you out let me know...I'll put you in contact...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2010, 05:52:49 AM »
I'm in.  Same snail mail addy as last year, at your work address?
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2010, 06:52:16 AM »
What a great cause....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2010, 11:02:28 AM »
Sure is Raquette, the people who do these hunts deserve a huge round of applause.
We will be forever in debt for all who serve...

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2010, 12:30:50 PM »
huntny30:
We could always use some sort of help the day of the hunt.  If you wish have your buddy contact me (585) 727-2784.  Thanks.

Kevin:
Thank you once again this year!!  I sent you a PM on the address I would like you to send your donation.

Raquett & Upstate:
It IS a great cause.  I can't tell you the feelings and emotions that ran through me the last time we did this.  Put a lump in my throat no surgeon could remove (borrowed that line from M*A*S*H  ;D ), but in all honesty and a little humility, save your applause for the ones that really deserve it....the US Combat Vet!!!

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2010, 12:37:20 PM »
Some pics of the last vets hunt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te1jwqLkZ3M

Offline howesfc

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Aug 30, 2010, 05:31:50 PM »
Hooah! :)
I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier. 11B40 Scout NYARNG RET.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 23, 2010, 08:32:15 PM »
BTT

Just made my long overdue donation.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2010, 09:45:54 PM »
Got it Kevin!  Thank you once again.  Let me know if you can make it.

Anyone wishing to make a donation to this very worthwhile event can contact me by PM right here on MHF

To make a Paypal donation please send to: [email protected]

Thank you
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2010, 09:48:27 PM by fowl mood »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal