Author Topic: Great Thanksgiving weekend  (Read 3924 times)

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
Great Thanksgiving weekend
« on: Nov 29, 2023, 06:45:13 AM »
My daughter is home from college so I was able to get her out hunting. She's been dying to get out more but tough to get away. After seeing nothing in the morning I went to go check some tracks walking up the power lined picked up some fresh track and was thinking to myself where would this deer go. When something catches my eye it's a buck bedded down on the line. (Of course I left my gun in the truck) so I turned around started to walk back and that's when he saw me watched him bound across the lines and dissappear into a grown up cut.
I immediately called my buddy who sent my daughter and another friend to a couple of stands we have at the end of the piece. They get on stand and we start working our way down the lines. Shortly after I hear a single shot but sounded faint. About a minute later my phone rings its my daughter her voice is quivering and all she can say is it's down it's down so now I'm emotional and tell her to stay in the stand till I get there and make sure it doesn't get up. 15 min later I can see her up the stand she sees me and immediately starts climbing down. I get to her and she is over the moon excited and I am one proud father! I tell her to unload the gun and she ejects the spent shell i laugh and say well if he got up what were you going to shoot at him lol! One shot heart and lung didn't go 20yds first deer and now she's really hooked. Couldn't be prouder!!

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
Re: Great Thanksgiving weekend
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2023, 10:27:35 AM »
That's awesome. great hunt.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline reeleyz

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2023, 03:56:24 PM »
Great story. Congrats to you and your daughter!

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2023, 04:50:27 AM »
Congrats to you daughter, nice buck...h2l
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline tubeslinger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2023, 07:11:20 AM »
That’s great! Congrats to all involved and the memories made.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2023, 01:48:07 PM »
Congratulations to her….👍👍✌️✌️✌️
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal