Author Topic: Tridge Report from the North Country  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
Tridge Report from the North Country
« on: Oct 13, 2020, 08:04:00 PM »
Well, just returned from our annual trip up to the Burg partridge huntin. Phenomenal hunting!
If you're into it, make sure to get up there this season. By far, i haven't seen this many birds in about 5-6 years!

The first day had me a little skeptical on numbers, very very windy tough conditions and we only moved 12-14 birds and took just a handful.
But every day after that was amazing. We had a high on Sunday moving 32 birds in one day.  I limited out 4 days in a row, today was by 8am, yesterday before noon...lol
Total count for 5 days: 94 birds moved(This includes flushes in the thick stuff where no good shot possible, which is common. Guys that hunt them know what I mean) Lots of blastin
Took home 36 birds...we gonna be eatin good.
Plus, I haven't seen covey's in numbers like we did in many years. We were busting groups of 3,4,5,6 regularly. Lots of young's birds, they did very well this spring. All this plus lots of other wildlife. Few nice healthy bulls with nice paddles, good to see some are doing well.
Wow, what a blast!
Such a beautiful place, trip always seems too short. Cant wait till next year's trip already. Now back to deer huntin.

« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2020, 08:05:47 PM by Huntnfish603 »

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Tridge Report from the North Country
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2020, 10:38:18 PM »
Success! Congrats on a great trip Jason!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2020, 05:11:25 AM »
Very nice job...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2020, 11:14:08 AM »
looks like you boys had a blast congrats!!

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2020, 07:52:36 PM »
That looks awesome!

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2020, 02:25:20 AM »
Congrats! Looks like a great time! Love patridge(as my Pop pronounces it).

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2020, 09:51:18 AM »
Looks like a great trip. Just got back from a few days up in the Jackman area and there were tons of birds up there as well. The dry spring certainly helped them out quite a bit. Best numbers I've seen in years.

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2020, 04:40:21 PM »
Congrats! Looks like a great time! Love patridge(as my Pop pronounces it).
same here with my grandfather and my old man but it was even more like Paatridge, or just Tridge...lol
I was always told, "get ready, we're goin Tridgin."  I was tagging along behind my grandfather Tridge hunting Maine since I was 5 and  I didn't even know what a "grouse" was until I was like 16. People  actually calling them grouse was so foreign to me for a long time...lol
Guess it just depends on where you're from.

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2020, 04:49:21 PM »
Looks like a great trip. Just got back from a few days up in the Jackman area and there were tons of birds up there as well. The dry spring certainly helped them out quite a bit. Best numbers I've seen in years.
Yea Adrock, that's what I heard from some buddies as well about Jackman . Spring was good to them across the whole north country it seems. Big numbers. Reminded me of how it used to be back in the 90s and early 2000's in the Moosehead Region.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Oct 15, 2020, 04:50:34 PM »
same here with my grandfather and my old man but it was even more like Paatridge, or just Tridge...lol
I was always told, "get ready, we're goin Tridgin."  I was tagging along behind my grandfather Tridge hunting Maine since I was 5 and  I didn't even know what a "grouse" was until I was like 16. People  actually calling them grouse was so foreign to me for a long time...lol

If you are from here and you call it Grouse, I am judging you. Just saying

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Oct 15, 2020, 05:00:38 PM »
Ayyup.
Funny, I had a few guys with fancy hunting hats and the whole getup(pennsylvania plates) ask me if I seen any Grouse.
NOPE!  But we've blasted a bunch of Patridge!......I got the weird, unamused look...lol

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Oct 15, 2020, 05:22:34 PM »
Lmao!

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #12 on: Oct 16, 2020, 02:39:25 AM »
Yeah 603, the emphasis was on the "Paaa"! LOL Good stuff right there. My Pop doesn't hunt with me anymore. He's knocking on the door of 90 years old and his wind doesn't allow him to get out.

Totally agree Frank!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal