Author Topic: whitetail season  (Read 6204 times)

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
whitetail season
« on: Oct 28, 2004, 06:32:09 AM »
heading to camp tommorow for a week of hunting with the guys. they will be plenty of good food and drink and many hours spent in the woods after that big buck. good luck to everybody out there thats going to be hunting. make sure of your target and have safe hunting.

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
Re: whitetail season
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2004, 06:13:49 PM »
Nothing like a week at hunting camp! Good luck. I never thought I would say this, but I've gotten to the point of where I'm more in search for a good hunter's breakfast instead of deer.......unless it's a big buck.  ;D  Two years ago - after a good breakfast - we didn't make into the woods until an hour after legal time. Five minutes into the hunt I shot a nice spike horn.  ;D Works for me.

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2004, 06:08:18 AM »
same thing happened to me last year got out of the car ,loaded my gun ,walked along the edge of the field and there it was a small buck. it was over in minutes. its beaning in the right place at the right time. talk to you all in a week or so.

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2004, 07:57:36 AM »
I have had these hunts that are real quick. Nothing about luck, its all from the Good Lord above.

Jon

Offline Deer Monger

• 6 Pointer
    • DumondFlies.com
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2004, 06:50:47 AM »
Well Saturday came and went with no deer. I saw two that were gone in the blink of an eye. My hunting partners saw deer as well. One shot was fired but didn't touch anything. It was a good day though, we laid eyes on 6 deer total.
I did shoot and land a nice coyote. I saw one last year but let it pass as I couldn't get a great look at it. This one was coming at me head on. Guess that was his mistake. Very healthy though with a large body mass. He was feeding well on something.
Good luck guys!
2009 tally

Woodies - 5
Mallards - 2

Offline Tracker

• Forked
  • 2 MORE STEPS AND HE IS MINE!!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2004, 08:36:45 AM »
I ended my season Sunday morning in New Hampshire with a 6 pointer.... First deer with my muzzleloader.... Now i can concentrate on the big one in Maine...... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2004, 12:38:56 PM »
I was able to get out for only a couple hours Sat. mornig. Neither my brother or I saw any thing. Finished getting in my firewood the rest of the day. That's good you got a coyote Andrew.  ;) I think thats one reason there aren't as many deer in my area as there used to be.  :(

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2004, 05:22:07 PM »
Realy haven't gotten out much this year. When out for about an hour and a half last Sat. and didn't see anything. When out this afternoon and jumped two but couldn't tell what they were. I had walked about 4 miles then jumped these right next to my house.  ??? Deer have been coming out to my brothers stand every night but they are all skin heads. He has a doe permit but is waiting for that big buck.

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2004, 06:05:20 AM »
got back from camp sunday. out of six of us we got a 6 pointer. saw plenty of does but no one had any permits for that zone.headed out next weekend to another zone where i can use my doe permit if needed.should do something.

Offline Deer Monger

• 6 Pointer
    • DumondFlies.com
« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2004, 09:22:30 AM »
I filled my doe tag on Friday, 11/5. Brought home a button buck to end the season. Now I'm off to New Hampshire to try my luck.
I did have to watch a nice 6 point buck (probably in the neighborhood of 150 lbs.) on Saturday. I was able to push it towards a hunting partner still on the main road. Unfortunately after two shots he was unable to make any contact with the deer. Oh well........ ;D
2009 tally

Woodies - 5
Mallards - 2

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Nov 09, 2004, 06:10:49 AM »
he at least got a couple of shots off anyways. thats better than i did.i just hope he didn,t wound it. theres nothing that bothers me more than the though of a deer hurt or suffering. we all like aquick kill.its also fodder for the antis.

Offline Deer Monger

• 6 Pointer
    • DumondFlies.com
« Reply #11 on: Nov 09, 2004, 07:06:07 AM »
I am 99.9% sure he didn't wound the deer. I was on a wide open dry dirt road when he shot. We found no hair, no blood. We followed the tracks into the woods, again no sign of hair or blood. The deer showed no tell tale sign of being hit, I think it made it through just fine.
The accident I witnessed last night leaving work wasn't so great though. The buck eventualy got to its feet and stumbled off into the woods, but there was a fair amount of lung blood splattered across the road. I was wishing I carried a firearm in the truck, but I usual don't.....    :(
2009 tally

Woodies - 5
Mallards - 2

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 10, 2004, 06:01:34 AM »
thats too bad.did you go back in the morning and check the area?

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #13 on: Nov 20, 2004, 07:03:38 PM »
Well I went out with my brother this morning to the same spot that we always get something going, but again (as it has been going this year) nothing. But I got a call around 5:00 tonight - my brother shot an 8 point while setting. YeeHaa.  ;D I don't know how much it weighed yet, buy I'll find out the details soon.

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2004, 07:59:50 AM »
good deal. i went yesterday. sat all morning saw nothing. had 1 in the field at daybreak and just as i was getting a beed on it a truck pulled in andflashed the field and of f the deer goes. i was a little pissed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal