Author Topic: Hunting adirondacks  (Read 1902 times)

Offline medic118

• Fawn
Hunting adirondacks
« on: Aug 21, 2006, 10:04:50 AM »
I was looking for advice from anyone who has hunted by having a plane drop them off on a remote lake. My brother in law and I were thinking about trying this. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline dogfish

• Spiked
Re: Hunting adirondacks
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2006, 10:08:55 AM »
Medic
Have never done it myself since I have a hunting camp in the Tupper Lake area of the dacks.  I am a long way from home right now so I do not have access to all my resources.  There is a guy out of the 7th lake area and another out of the Long lake area that do scenic flights and fly fisherpeople (got to be political correct here) in to remote lakes and ponds.  One is named Byrd (don't know about spelling but pronounced Bird) the other is named Payne I believe?  Would be a good place for you to start looking?  Hope it helps.
Dogfish

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2006, 05:45:59 PM »
They guy out of the old forge area (7th lake ) is Payne. The other is on long lake in the adirondacks. Contact them to see where they can drop you off. Unfortunately alot of the remote ponds and lakes are now off limits to bush planes because of the damn environmentalists. Good luck to you.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2007, 01:25:15 PM »
most lakes in the adirondack don't allow float planes to land

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal