Author Topic: Whats everyones fav. turk gun!!  (Read 3666 times)

Offline Ethan.

• Spiked
Whats everyones fav. turk gun!!
« on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:14:53 PM »
has anyone tried the federal flight contol wad ots awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
The Beast Is Dead Long Live The Beast

Wack em and stack em

Offline Buck1985

• Forked
Re: Whats everyones fav. turk gun!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2008, 02:33:06 AM »
Can't wait to try them, hopefully as good as my Remington Hevi-shot high velocity's I had, I tipped a tom over at 53 strong paces ( I'm 6'3" with long stride) when paired up with my Winchester 1300 Ranger with a Extended Super Full Choke   ;D. They do the trick and then some.

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2008, 07:32:47 AM »
My Turkey gun is a New England Firearms 10ga. single shot with a 32" barrel. I bought it new about 30 years ago, still dropping turkeys for me...  ;)
 MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! God Bless America!
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Rooseve

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2008, 09:24:47 AM »
My Turkey gun is a New England Firearms 10ga. single shot with a 32" barrel. I bought it new about 30 years ago, still dropping turkeys for me...  ;)

I just retired my NE 12 gauge, well more like passed it on, to a good friend, now I use a Rossi single shot 12.

Offline Ethan.

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2008, 06:04:33 PM »
i no in my gun they were better than the rem. hevi shot hopefully the same fer u

Can't wait to try them, hopefully as good as my Remington Hevi-shot high velocity's I had, I tipped a tom over at 53 strong paces ( I'm 6'3" with long stride) when paired up with my Winchester 1300 Ranger with a Extended Super Full Choke   ;D. They do the trick and then some.

Wack em and stack em

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2008, 08:19:36 AM »
usin my grandfathers h&r 10 gauge single shot he gave it to me this year

Offline Ethan.

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2008, 09:49:48 AM »
10 gage that should flattin em

usin my grandfathers h&r 10 gauge single shot he gave it to me this year

Wack em and stack em

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2008, 09:17:18 PM »
Oh yea shot it the other day and patterned it. Im thinkin about gettin the fiber obtic front sight for the round barrel guns from cabelas but im not sure yet, anyone try usin em yet? anyways i know im good to go all thats left now is to wait til May 1st!!!

Offline Ethan.

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2008, 10:18:23 AM »
i would get fiber optics if i was u,i use em on my turk. gun and there awsome

Wack em and stack em

Offline Dull Hooks

• Spiked
« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2008, 01:12:53 PM »
Old mossberg 835 with the old woodland camo pattern.Tru-glo sights , undertaker choke tube with winchester supremes 3.5 #4's.They don't even wiggle when hit even out to 40.This same gun see's double duty shooting ducks and geese.

Dull Hooks 8)

Offline MnSportsman

• Spiked
  • Called uphill with hens...It can be done
« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2008, 07:59:26 PM »
1974 Rem. 870 wingmaster 12 ga. pump.. with #4 shot.  Been working for years.... I'll stick with "'Ol' Betsy", for turkey, ducks & deer, til she or I retire...

Good hunting, friends.
:D

Another Spring Tom  <>   Me & some of the Good Ol' Boys  <>  Belle with her first birds @ 9 months{R.I.P.}

upstatehunter

« Reply #11 on: Apr 10, 2008, 05:22:34 AM »
 ;D

Rem 870, express no. 4,  2 3/4" . Gun is 3 1/2 in chamber but haven't felt the need to use them. I have flattened two at 40 plus yards with it. One as it ran away from my son last year and another my son called in for me that hung up at 40yds. Everything I have put the bead on has just dropped.
love it

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 07:04:05 AM »
Oh yea shot it the other day and patterned it. I'm thinkin about gettin the fiber optic front sight for the round barrel guns from cabelas but im not sure yet, anyone try usin em yet? anyways i know im good to go all thats left now is to wait til May 1st!!!

I've got a H&R 10ga, shot my first tom with it last season. I patterned it last year and wouldn't think twice about shooting at a tom 50yds away with #5. I put a fibreoptic bead on the front and put a second one in the farthest scope hole with the fibre removed as a peep sight. Trying out the sight I was hitting a piece of fire wood at 75yds with a slug with every shot. They have an unusual thread size, if you call H&R they can tell you what it is.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 01:43:57 PM by stka »

Offline northwoodsaddict

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 12:51:21 PM »
12 ga. winchester 1300 "the fastest pump gun ever made" with a remington high velocity magnums in 3" number 4s using a jelly head XXX full choke. killed 4 birds to date...works great
IceShanty=brookiebomber477

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal