Author Topic: Big Woods Scrapes  (Read 1562 times)

Offline SilentStalker

• 8 Pointer
Big Woods Scrapes
« on: Aug 13, 2007, 07:57:46 AM »
Where do you all look for scrapes. I have been in a adk camp now for three years, but find very little scrapes. I locate rubs commonly, but no scrapes. We don't really have field edges and such. Mainly woods and old logging trails and landings. I search them but haven't been to successful to date. Thanks in advance.
SS

Offline deerme117

• 6 Pointer
Re: Big Woods Scrapes
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2007, 06:38:13 PM »
In woods I follow deer trails going towards pine or cedar trees, look around these areas for scrapes. The area I hunt is were I find the most scrapes at these locations.

Offline SilentStalker

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2007, 06:57:15 AM »
 We have a couple cedar swamps and trails are everywhere, including some rubs when the time comes. Thanks for the tip Deerme, I'll look more closely in these areas to locate some nice scrapes this year to hunt around.
 Also, where I hunt, deer population is low, probably lowest in NYS. Do you think that because of the lack of competition between bucks, they may not "make" as much sign identifying territory, etc...? I read that in most recent issue of Dand D Hunter if anyone saw the article by RG Bernier.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2007, 09:50:34 AM »
I find most of the adk scrapes to be under pine, spruce or balsam branches.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal