Author Topic: what to do ?  (Read 1426 times)

Offline nhxbowhunter

• Forked
what to do ?
« on: Sep 19, 2016, 06:58:22 PM »
Went to a stand this afternoon that I set up in june. Well I found a trail of surveyors tape bright as a full moon all around . It goes in one direction for better than 300 yards, and the other at least as far . There aren't any Posted signs nearby, but my guess is something is up. I'm thinking I should pull the stand. the first row of ribbons is no more than 10 yards away. I felt real uncomfortable about the situation. I looked my stand over and it didn't seem touched. Would you pull the stand ?
Thanks
AND ON THE 8TH DAY GOD CREATED WHITETAILS

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: what to do ?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2016, 07:26:40 PM »
Had the same exact situation happen to me last year and once again this season. If it's a solid set roll with it. I shot a stud out of the one last year and plan to with this new one too. Turns out last years was surveyed and nothing could be done with it. Hoping for the same. I've always had great luck with logging outfits either leaving stands and cams or saving them for me until I found them. Throw a lock on it to impede anyone else. My gut says stand your ground just my .02 cents
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2016, 07:40:14 PM »
If its going to get logged I'd leave it. The guys up here are good about not messing with your stuff. Mist of them hunt. And as a former logger your always looking up. But if the property is getting sold I'd look into it. I have heard of stands being left at the stump
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2016, 08:13:47 PM »
Agreed. I'd hunt it this year unless you notice some heavy activity in the area.
I also had a similar thing happen a month ago, and I actually got the surveyor on camera. Put out my trail cam near stand, and when I went to check it a week later, there was new ribbons around. Checked the cam card, and what do you know. There were pics of the surveyor in his safety vest actually taking a picture of my camera. I pulled the camera, but left the stand. No other activity in the area, so hoping for the best.
Good luck!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal