Author Topic: How to make a waterproof trailcam case?  (Read 624 times)

Offline rabbittrapper

• Forked
How to make a waterproof trailcam case?
« on: Sep 19, 2013, 08:45:32 PM »
I have a Wildgame Nation Micro Lightsout  trail cam. I want to make a case so I can leave it out in the rain. How would I make a waterproof case? I was told to use a ammo box like they use it the military and drill a hole for the part that takes the pic. What you guys think?

Offline Mearzy

• 6 Pointer
Re: How to make a waterproof trailcam case?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2013, 09:15:35 PM »
Pretty much any commercially made trail cam out there should be weather proof as is out of the box you should not have to add a case to it to make it same in the rain.  I have left cameras out for an entire year without problems.  When you add a case; ammo box or otter box you need to get the camera lense, the sensor, and the IR flash sealed tight to the added plastic case there can not be a gap between otherwise the camera will trigger wrong and picture quality will be horrible as the air space will leave a shadow or blurry spot for the camera to shoot off of.  Guys build there own cameras using ammo boxes as the chassis but that is a whole nother ball of wax.  You should not have worries about the rain with your wildgame.

Offline rabbittrapper

• Forked
Re: How to make a waterproof trailcam case?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2013, 09:27:44 PM »
Ok thanks I heard that you take a risk  of getting  water in it and ruining it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal