Author Topic: opening day, met a good sportsman today.  (Read 1053 times)

Offline winni bound

• Nubbie
opening day, met a good sportsman today.
« on: May 03, 2013, 07:59:42 PM »
my father and I showed up at our little corn field in the am 4thirtyish. written permission only, your worst nightmare!! car sitting at the spot. We got our geer together, and walked up in, thinking the worst, seeing no lights around the field, now , thinking he is up in the back right corner of the field, where we have our blind set up, since last week. we get half way up the field with this negative mind set, and the young man (Patrick) came out of the dark to talk with us. Gotta tell ya, my father and I were a little flustered. He said," saw you guys pull up and park, wanted ta see where your setting up.." I told him , up in the back right corner of the field.. Dad continued to interigate Patrick, with light shining on his face, "Do you have permission to hunt here?" turns out we all had the rights to this great little field....  the meet of the matter is, Patrick, could of gone up to our blind spot, and said , I'm here first, but he did'nt. I would have done the same thing going to a new spot...  I dont know where Patrick set up in the field. I did here him call a couple of times.. from our blind, we had a lone hen walk in behind the blind 11am...    your not gonna believe this one,  1159, lets get our gear together dad..  1205 dad is outside the blind, me still in, Dad says, " oh no, Bobby look at that..." All i saw was a nice tom, gaining altitude over the trees.....   carma???? :-\

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
Re: opening day, met a good sportsman today.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 05:34:57 AM »

That sure was very nice of Patrick ; Trying to share a spot most people wouldn't have cared ...

Offline chuckrudy

• 10 Pointer
Re: opening day, met a good sportsman today.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 06:39:50 PM »
Nice story. :D :D
no information

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal