Author Topic: should have hunted behind the house  (Read 4273 times)

Offline sweet lou

• 6 Pointer
Re: should have hunted behind the house
« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2012, 05:14:23 PM »
they all look like wards of the state.sausage anyone.
if you can't mount it on the wall mount it between yor teeth.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2012, 05:16:24 PM »
I don't believe in hunting over bait either and yes I do have a permit just for the kids they are to tame behind the house I would feel guilty even I I did hunt them it isn't a challenge no fun to me the fun is the stalk the seek and then the kill not knowing they are coming in to bait couldn't do it just love taking the kids out there they are 2 and 4

That makes sense to me .......... Kudos to you, if they were fairly tame I wouldn't hunt them either. Nice job!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 2012, 05:40:59 PM »
You could always use a spear.... ;D ;D ;D

What ever happened to that guy??   :o
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:14:35 PM »
Don't need a permit if you own the land. I have a bait pile behind my house also, I typically just put feed out in the winter but sometimes I will put some out during the season to see whats back there. I will sit over every once in a while if I am running late and still want to sit out, but they seem to only come after dark. Be hard not to go after that buck bait or not.

Offline Wolley

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »
You could always use a spear.... ;D ;D ;D

I saw they had spears at Cabelas last time I was in there. that would be intense.
wake up America www.infowars.com

Offline NHAngler

• Forked
« Reply #20 on: Dec 05, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »
They love spent grain from homebrew mash too. Deer around here love it when I brew. I just made a batch and have about 12 pounds of saturated grain for them to chew on. I'm too lazy to strategically place it anywhere for pictures though. Hope they don't mind whatever else is in the compost pile.   

Offline huntr-

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Dec 05, 2012, 08:46:25 PM »
Don't need a permit if you own the land. I have a bait pile behind my house also, I typically just put feed out in the winter but sometimes I will put some out during the season to see whats back there. I will sit over every once in a while if I am running late and still want to sit out, but they seem to only come after dark. Be hard not to go after that buck bait or not.
I may be wrong but I asked a local F&G officer this year about baiting for pics only on private land and I was told that I did need to file  a bait site permit.

Offline NHAngler

• Forked
« Reply #22 on: Dec 05, 2012, 09:16:48 PM »
http://www.eregulations.com/newhampshire/hunting/general-hunting-regulations/

"...A landowner placing bait on his or her own property does not need a baiting permit, but they must meet all the other requirements listed below regarding the use of bait...."

Offline swnoel

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Dec 06, 2012, 05:59:31 AM »
I may be wrong but I asked a local F&G officer this year about baiting for pics only on private land and I was told that I did need to file  a bait site permit.

Can ya imagine that... a Warden wrong!  ;)

Go ahead and hunt those bucks, just because you put out bait, doesn't mean you'll even see one during shooting hours, unless of course, you own a very large parcel of land where they can find some protection from hunting.

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Dec 06, 2012, 06:01:03 AM »
If you don't own the land than yeah you need a permit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal