Author Topic: nh firearm opener  (Read 5555 times)

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
nh firearm opener
« on: Nov 14, 2012, 08:28:42 AM »
hearing lots of shots in barrington today!  trucks parked all over the place.  anyone having any luck?  i'm stuck working, but i have tomorrow and friday off. 

i'll be sticking w/ the ML until i drop one  :D

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
Re: nh firearm opener
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
Good luck to you also. I have to admit when I saw you posted this, I instantly thought oh boy what did he shoot this time. ;D

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2012, 01:32:37 PM »
^^ i had the same thought! i went out in dunbarton this morning with my uncle. neither of us saw anything. someone took 5 shots not too far from me.. that deer is either very dead, or very lucky. the wife texted me at about 7 this morning. said she heard 3 shots right out behind the house. someone hunting out back apparently. guess i shoulda stayed home and hunted here.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »
Good luck buddy! I had to work today too! >:( ( side job ). I will be out in the AM.  8) Passed alot of deer during Muzzleloader. No studs yet...........
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »
sunday for me. my little nephew got a decent 10pt 170 lbs up on the mountain we hunt. i didnt have pics of this one.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »
sounds better than decent to me! I have a buddy swinging over in a few, he got a 163 lb. 11 pt. his first deer........ he hunts like once every couple years, hows that work lol?

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2012, 06:40:38 PM »
HA!!! i know tons of bad  hunters and guys who could care less about hunting that stumbler into things like that! i.e. my fatherinlaw shot a 8pt 198 out my my nh stand two years ago and i hadnt seen a deer from it in 11 sits!!! wtf

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2012, 06:42:10 PM »
lol, exactly, don't get me wrong I am pumped for the kid but damn........ it could of happened to better haha

Offline NHAngler

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2012, 06:56:29 PM »
I went out this morning before work and sat on a ridge for about an hour or so at 1st light. On my way back walked another area where I heard some noise and found another 2 decent sized scrapes. That is now 13 scrapes within a 2 acre area. Fresh sign all over too. Unreal! There has to be something going on that I'm missing out on during the day. Hoping to spend the entire day Saturday setup in 1-2 spots in my tree stand.

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2012, 07:40:07 PM »
better take a sick day! what do your cameras say??

Offline Capt. Black

• Spiked
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2012, 06:11:18 AM »
hearing lots of shots in barrington today!  trucks parked all over the place.  anyone having any luck?  i'm stuck working, but i have tomorrow and friday off. 

i'll be sticking w/ the ML until i drop one  :D

Managed to pop a nice 8 pointer at 7:00 am. Wednesday. Ran about 50 yds. and dropped. Weighed in at 164 lbs. There had to be at least 6 other deer brought in to the registration site while I was there, ALL bucks. One was a nice 10 pointer with a drop tine. Sorry no pics at this time.

Capt. Black
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2012, 06:13:24 AM by Capt. Black »

Offline longbeardking

• Forked
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2012, 08:45:55 AM »
Managed to pop a nice 8 pointer at 7:00 am. Wednesday. Ran about 50 yds. and dropped. Weighed in at 164 lbs. There had to be at least 6 other deer brought in to the registration site while I was there, ALL bucks. One was a nice 10 pointer with a drop tine. Sorry no pics at this time.

Capt. Black

Very very nice indeed!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations.

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2012, 09:06:04 AM »
sounds better than decent to me! I have a buddy swinging over in a few, he got a 163 lb. 11 pt. his first deer........ he hunts like once every couple years, hows that work lol?

There was this monster buck shot in Ny that was over 180" it was the guys first hunt ever...I dont get it...Another guy I met at a McDonald's was wearing camo so I said "any luck?" He says "Ya, shot an 11 point a little bit ago." like it is no big deal, I ask "oh yah? you in a stand?" He says "nope, sitting on a log with my bow, it walked up to me at 10 yards..." This guy is a 300lb black man wearing camo that smells like mcdonalds and sits on a log...I am 160lb guy who sits 30ft in the air full camo descented and can't have a doe walk up to me hahahaha good luck guys
Take a Kid outside...

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Nov 16, 2012, 02:27:16 PM »
I scored a spikehorn buck last saturday muzzleloader, season is done for me, will take my 22 out tomorrow and browse toward my daughter where she will be sitting in the same spot I have scored 4 out of the last 5 years..Her first year hunting, got a nice model seven she shoots real well, she has kinda claimed it as hers...NOT..LOL Wish her luck on her first hunt...

Offline sweet lou

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Nov 16, 2012, 05:39:33 PM »
go get em mark i have had a bad start after my bow kill have not seen a deer in the woods. hope that will change in the morn.all the other guys with me have seen deer all around us but im the only one with the bad mojo this year.
if you can't mount it on the wall mount it between yor teeth.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal