Author Topic: 11 pointer - my best archery buck yet! (video added)  (Read 8913 times)

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
Re: 11 pointer - my best archery buck yet! (video added)
« Reply #30 on: Nov 05, 2012, 01:24:58 PM »
hey no prob. its pretty cool to get it on vid anyway! im pronb the most tech retarded person youll ever meet but a kid who works for me has a gopro and hes big into making vids of other weird chit so he helped me set mine up for the clearest vid i could make.....hell if i know though

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #31 on: Nov 05, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »
actually, during the shot i do have the video zoomed in slightly which will decrease quality.  the deer looked so small w/out zooming.  i love the Go Pro, but i wish it had a built in zoom.  even 2x would make it A LOT better.

just create a youtube account and u/l them.

thanks for clarifying, but i wasn't worried about that.  i was worried that my camera may not be setup for optimal performance  ;)

From what I can read from the pros, they advocate using wide angle on everything....yes the deer will look small...but they do any zoom feature in editing...not with the camera....most cameras are set up to optimize video at the widest angle of the lens...also any movement of the camera will be far less noticeable....always enhances movement when in zoom mode, video or picture....just a couple thoughts...

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #32 on: Nov 05, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »

From what I can read from the pros, they advocate using wide angle on everything....yes the deer will look small...but they do any zoom feature in editing...not with the camera....most cameras are set up to optimize video at the widest angle of the lens...also any movement of the camera will be far less noticeable....always enhances movement when in zoom mode, video or picture....just a couple thoughts...

i tried the wide angle but anything outside of 10 yards seemed like it was a LONG ways away.  the buck in this video would have looked like a leave on the ground LOL. 

i use my video editing software to handle the zoom like you recommend.

i think it's a matter of the camera being what it is - a cheap (relatively speaking), tiny camera that gets the job done  ;D   if i spent $1000 on a nice handheld i would have 10x better video, but i'd probably be too worried about filming the shot than actually focusing on the shot itself. 

so for now and probably a few more years, the bow-mounted go pro will have to do.  i'll be upgrading my bow after this season.  maybe there will be less vibration on the new one  :)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #33 on: Nov 05, 2012, 04:48:36 PM »
a kid who works for me has a gopro and hes big into making vids of other weird chit

Like what ::) :o LOL
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #34 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:34:18 PM »
lol well, im not really sure lol he acts fudgey but he likes to take vids of hgimself hiking and mowing the lawn ??? not sure why lol he did a time laps video of the setup, pour and strip of the foundation we did this week, that was pretty cool actually. i think he hooked it to a remote control boat too or something and took it on tour of long pond?? i dunno, he has more free time then me i think.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #35 on: Nov 06, 2012, 09:56:48 AM »
HAHA, He sounds colorful ::)
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #36 on: Nov 06, 2012, 10:07:20 AM »
Awesome story man...congrats on the deer.

Luke

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #37 on: Nov 06, 2012, 12:11:02 PM »
Great buck!  Congrats on a new PB. 

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #38 on: Nov 06, 2012, 06:46:31 PM »
i tried the wide angle but anything outside of 10 yards seemed like it was a LONG ways away.  the buck in this video would have looked like a leave on the ground LOL. 

i use my video editing software to handle the zoom like you recommend.

i think it's a matter of the camera being what it is - a cheap (relatively speaking), tiny camera that gets the job done  ;D   if i spent $1000 on a nice handheld i would have 10x better video, but i'd probably be too worried about filming the shot than actually focusing on the shot itself. 

so for now and probably a few more years, the bow-mounted go pro will have to do.  i'll be upgrading my bow after this season.  maybe there will be less vibration on the new one  :)

I'll do the camera work....you find and shoot the deer.... ;D ;D ;D  Now I just need to buy a good camo camera...LOL

Offline NYSporty

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #39 on: Nov 06, 2012, 07:47:46 PM »
They make some nice camo duct tape but yes you need a stationary camera so we can see the awesome shots you make....
Nice Buck and even better shot congrads.

Offline CJiceaddict

• Nubbie
« Reply #40 on: Nov 07, 2012, 08:12:30 AM »
Awesome buck! Glad you got him!

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #41 on: Nov 08, 2012, 06:02:52 AM »
LOL a guy told me i should have someone come w/ me to film these hunts.  i would never ask anyone to do that.  it's the LAST thing i'd want to be doing during hunting season!!!!

Offline jigchaser08

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #42 on: Nov 08, 2012, 05:11:36 PM »
Awesome archery harvest, keep stackin em up!

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #43 on: Nov 08, 2012, 05:17:45 PM »
LOL a guy told me i should have someone come w/ me to film these hunts.  i would never ask anyone to do that.  it's the LAST thing i'd want to be doing during hunting season!!!!
I would go film someone if they wanted me to.

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #44 on: Nov 09, 2012, 05:02:20 AM »
I would go film someone if they wanted me to.

that would be the day the 150"er walks by your stand you would have been in if you weren't holding a camera for someone else  :D :o :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal