Author Topic: bison  (Read 14781 times)

Offline blueduck1

• Nubbie
  • if you are going to shoot, shoot don't talk
Re: bison
« Reply #30 on: Nov 03, 2012, 03:24:10 AM »
the wife got a cow earler in the season.  675 # hangen weight. ;D
would you like to know what i feel when I shoot a animal?  A slight recoil.

Offline er-e-is

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #31 on: Nov 03, 2012, 03:28:26 PM »
the wife got a cow earler in the season.  675 # hangen weight. ;D

Congrats, where did she get it?

Offline blueduck1

• Nubbie
  • if you are going to shoot, shoot don't talk
« Reply #32 on: Nov 05, 2012, 12:23:24 AM »
on the refuge. the only one there.
would you like to know what i feel when I shoot a animal?  A slight recoil.

Offline er-e-is

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #33 on: Nov 16, 2012, 06:38:32 PM »
How's the bison hunt going branded?

Offline branded

• Spiked
« Reply #34 on: Nov 21, 2012, 05:40:42 AM »
Only went once so far. They got within 100 yards from boundry then went the other direction. Going back after them in December. Hope to score and post pics.......

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #35 on: Nov 21, 2012, 05:45:44 AM »
What happenes if you shoot one on one side of the line and they die on the other side of the line?.
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline er-e-is

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #36 on: Nov 21, 2012, 08:00:52 AM »
You call the ranger, he verifies it and you get your animal.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #37 on: Nov 21, 2012, 09:04:50 AM »
You call the ranger, he verifies it and you get your animal.

Oh cool..  I was just wondering....   Thanks...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline er-e-is

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #38 on: Nov 21, 2012, 07:47:32 PM »
The boundary between the park and national forest is pretty well marked. It is set up on the regulations what to do if an animal does cross the line. The one I got last year was well inside the forest boundary. My buddy's 2 years earlier, we had to wait for him to cross the line. We were set up 100 yrds inside the forest line and waited for what seemed like forever for the bull to cross over.

Offline er-e-is

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #39 on: Dec 31, 2012, 08:48:17 AM »
Sure was hoping to hear a successful report by now. What's happening?

Offline branded

• Spiked
« Reply #40 on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:32:01 AM »
DIDN'T MEAN TO BE OUT OF THE LOOP FOR SO LONG BUT HERE IS THE BISON SUCCESS AND UNSUCCESSFUL REPORT. FIRST OFF I SUCK. IM EATING MY BISON TAG. DIDN'T SEE ANY COWS OR CALFS OFF THE PARK. I WAS GOING BACK UP THE DAY AFTER XMAS TO TRY AGAIN BUT MY FRIEND CALLED XMAS EVE AND SAID TATANKA DOWN. HE HAD A BULL TAG. HE AND SOME FRIENDS GUTTED AND SKINNED IT THAT NIGHT. I LEFT RIVERTON AT 0400 XMAS MORNING AND HEADED FOR JACKSON TO HELP HIM GET IT OUT. DUE TO THE FACT THAT WE HAD TO CROSS ON THE PARK WE COULDN'T USE HIS SNOWMOBILE OR MY A.T.V. OR ANY OTHER EQUIPMENT WE HAD MADE THRU THE YEAR TO MAKE IT EASIER. WELL WE GOT TO THE KILL SITE ABOUT 1/2 MILE FROM THE TRUCK. QUARTERED IT AND STARTED THE MUSH DOG TREK WITH MY ICE FISHING SLED. STARTED PACKING IT OUT AT 1210. HAD TO GO THRU ONE LAST GULLY WHEN THE SLED ALONG WITH 400 TO 500 LBS OF WILD BISON ATTACKED ME AND TWISTED MY KNEE. IT WAS LIKE I HAD SHOT THE ELUSIVE WHITE BUFFALO AND THERE WAS SOME REVENGE THERE. HELL I DIDN'T SHOOT ANYTHING ALL I WAS WAS "the boy". ANYWAY WE MADE IT TO THE TRUCK HAD A DRY SALAMI AND CHEESE SANDWICH FOR XMAS DINNER AND STARTED BACK IN FOR TRIP NUMBER 2. WELL WE FINALLY GOT THE LAST LOAD TO THE TRUCK AT 1630. MADE IT BACK TO RIVERTON BY 1930. ANYONE THAT HAS NEVER HAD TO QUARTER AND DRAG A BISON HAS NEVER LIVED. WHAT A WORKHORSE FOR 2 PEOPLE. I WILL NEVER BITCH ABOUT DRAGGING AN ELK OR DEER AGAIN "FOREVER". ANYWAY. CONGRATS TO RUMDRINKER FOR A SUCCESSFUL HUNT AND BY ALL MEANS FOR INVITING ME TO PARTAKE ON XMAS DAY.. ACTUALLY IT WAS AWESOME AND I WAS HONORED TO PARTICIPATE. EVEN THOUGH THE "WHITE BUFFALO" GOT ME.        ANOTHER GOOD MEMORY. THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE ADDED INPUT AND TIPS TO HELP US OUT ON THIS ENDEVOUR. NOW IT IS TIME TO HIT THE ICE AND DRAG SOMETHING LIGHT. GOOD LUCK TO ALL NEXT HUNTING SEASON AND THRU THE ICE FISHING SEASON  BRANDED 2013.

Offline branded

• Spiked
« Reply #41 on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:35:18 AM »
ONE MORE THING. MY FRIEND TOOK A FEW PICS. HE IS IN MONTANA FOR A MONTH GOING TO A SCHOOL BUT WHEN HE GETS BACK I WILL PROMPT HIM TO POST THEM.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 06, 2013, 09:05:30 AM »
Boy that Knee got to still be sore ; Must have been a rush having that one come at you
had to work for that one are they good eating
Sounds really good branded we like seeing the country side pic's form out your way  ;D ;D 

Offline branded

• Spiked
« Reply #43 on: Jan 06, 2013, 09:13:36 AM »
IT WAS A 2 MAYBE 3 YEAR OLD BULL. IT IS GOOD EATING. VERY TENDER NO GAMEY TASTE AND THE BURGER IS AWESOME. IT BETTER BE. I GOT A FREEZER FULL OF IT. THE HIND QUARTER WAS ALL 2 OF US COULD DO TO LOAD IT IN THE SLED. THE BACKSTRAPS WERE LIKE LONG ROUND STEAKS.. BBQ ON THE ICE THIS YEAR.

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #44 on: Jan 06, 2013, 09:41:17 AM »
Interesting stuff...thanks for sharing. Crazy story.

Luke

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal