Author Topic: Hunted the "PING" stand last night  (Read 1178 times)

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
Hunted the "PING" stand last night
« on: Oct 26, 2012, 08:34:23 AM »
that's now the name of this stand.. "PING". left work early and got out there at about 415. perfect wind for this stand, anything out of the south is good. nice calm night, and lots of leaves on the ground so you could hear a country mile. the squirrels sounded like elephants. at 545 i hear running and crashing in the timber heading for the clearing i'm set up in. as it gets closer, it sounds like more than 1 deer.. i was thinking/hoping that it was a buck bumping around a doe or 2. then a deer pops out of the timber and into the clearing, running and jumping, dancing around. small deer.. yearling. turned out to be a button head all by himself, but he was having a ball. i think to myself, "this goofy little booger likes to dance all by himself" and then of course, the billy idol song "dancin with myself" pops into my head and refuses to go away. i watched him feed and play all around me for about a half hour, but he was too small to shoot. i coulda spit on him at one point. that was the only deer i saw, but it was fun sit. beautiful night. and i didn't get busted for a change! but, i was glad to get down and get back to the truck so i could turn the radio on and get that song outta my head!
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2012, 08:36:32 AM by dt5150 »

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: Hunted the "PING" stand last night
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2012, 09:15:08 AM »
sounds like an awesome night to me....glad you got out to see the little button dance....thats what its really all about isnt is?

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2012, 09:44:51 AM »
indeed  ;) fun sit.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2012, 10:49:09 AM »
Who's Billy Idol. ;D ;D ;D They are fun to watch.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2012, 10:59:30 AM »
Who's Billy Idol. ;D ;D ;D They are fun to watch.

you are such a baby.....billy idol........ ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal