Author Topic: Updates on bow so far??  (Read 11658 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Updates on bow so far??
« Reply #60 on: Oct 21, 2012, 09:21:34 AM »
This is my last week of work till end of February..... ;D ;D    Full time hunting and ice fishing.. 8) 8) 8)
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #61 on: Oct 21, 2012, 10:57:51 AM »
man, how do i get a job like that?!?

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #62 on: Oct 21, 2012, 10:59:48 AM »
man, how do i get a job like that?!?

Work in a green house (actually 11 of them) and grow flowers for a living... 8)
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #63 on: Oct 21, 2012, 11:05:56 AM »
both my thumbs are brown..  :o

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #64 on: Oct 23, 2012, 11:28:21 AM »
the smaller buck came back last night, this time w/ no calling and about 75 yards away from saturday's stand.  he came in to the red acorns at 5:05.  he walked in feeding to 15 yards, then smelled either where i had stepped or touched a branch, and became very alert.  he stood there for a few minutes, licking his nose, smelling the air, looking around, then walked back the way he came. 

i waited a half hour and grunted a few times.  around 6:05 he came back around from behind me (he had circled me).   this time he was very alert, not interested in feeding at all.  he walked VERY slowly and often stood still for minutes at a time. 

no sign of the big boy...i don't know how much longer i can hold off on pulling the trigger!!

here's some footage of the buck.  a decent sized 5 pointer.

sat til 10 this morning then checked the cams.  got some video of the 5 pointer, and THE BIG 8  :)

based on his reaction to the cam, which was hung at my eye level (6'5" or so), he won't be back to that spot.  hope to run into him at some point...

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #65 on: Oct 23, 2012, 11:51:10 AM »
Gonna be a good and early rut my friend! Monday is almosrt here!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #66 on: Oct 23, 2012, 01:43:12 PM »
Well get em outtayour a$$ and get back to work!

lol lol lol lol  :o :o :o :o :o

Offline kevinmaine3

• Forked
« Reply #67 on: Oct 23, 2012, 01:50:11 PM »
as far as Ive seen the rut started mid last week here in Maine... 8)

Offline pipes18079

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #68 on: Oct 23, 2012, 09:17:09 PM »
Well got my first ever bow kill tonight nothing special just a small doe but I am pumped I should have had a little control cause I saw a decent buck last time in stand. This deer came crawling out of a nasty thicket immediately after I shot that thicket had other deer running through it wide open I suppose it was the buck but oh well at least the long wait is over its been a tough 8 years of bow hunting believe it or not I always whiffed my opportunities for some reason so hope fully it will be better from now on.

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #69 on: Oct 24, 2012, 07:13:22 AM »
Well get em outtayour a$$ and get back to work!
Sorry no offense just left yourself wide open on that one! ;D

haha! i did leave myself open i guess.. good one though   ;D

congrats pipes!! get some pics up.

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #70 on: Oct 24, 2012, 08:22:30 AM »
Well got my first ever bow kill tonight nothing special just a small doe but I am pumped I should have had a little control cause I saw a decent buck last time in stand. This deer came crawling out of a nasty thicket immediately after I shot that thicket had other deer running through it wide open I suppose it was the buck but oh well at least the long wait is over its been a tough 8 years of bow hunting believe it or not I always whiffed my opportunities for some reason so hope fully it will be better from now on.
WTG pipes - congrats man!  very cool!

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #71 on: Oct 24, 2012, 08:26:52 AM »
that buck didn't seem too spooked. i don't think he liked what he saw, but he didn't bolt. i think he'll be around.. hopefully the same time you're there.

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #72 on: Oct 24, 2012, 08:27:07 AM »
saw the 5 pointer again last night.  he was wondering around, feeding, 50 or 60 yards away from 4:50 to 5:15 or so.  then he walked off. he was unresponsive to grunting and bleating!  after i called him in twice in the last week or so, i guess he just doesn't care now?

dark approached and there was about 5 minutes left of legal shooting time, but i couldn't see.  i put my fanny pack on, put on my headlamp, unzipped the pack to grab my bow rope and heard something behind  me (i was facing the tree).  turned around and the big 8 pointer was standing 15 yards away smelling my tinks!  again, 10 minutes earlier and he would have been toast.  i stood as still as i could and watched him walk off.  hopefully not too bothered...

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #73 on: Oct 24, 2012, 08:41:13 AM »
damn!

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #74 on: Oct 24, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
Congrats, pipes. I bet the next bow kill comes quick, seems like once you get that first one out of the way it all comes together.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal